panzer crew

pwncake

I got an question about the tankcrew.

Got still in wacht am rein stil wittmann,

now i got this issue more then once.

when i put panzers out of my force and put wittmann in and when i start the battle wittmann is the driver?? WTF (this is also happend the mission before)

i had to restart the whole battle and put wittmann as commander.

And yes the next mission wittmann was driver again.

:confused:

Do i have to look at every crew in the battle setup to correct this or doesnt it matter if wittmann is commander , gunner , driver or whatever??????

pls give me an answer

Originally posted by pwncake:

I got an question about the tankcrew.

Got still in wacht am rein stil wittmann,

now i got this issue more then once.

when i put panzers out of my force and put wittmann in and when i start the battle wittmann is the driver?? WTF (this is also happend the mission before)

i had to restart the whole battle and put wittmann as commander.

And yes the next mission wittmann was driver again.

:confused:

Do i have to look at every crew in the battle setup to correct this or doesnt it matter if wittmann is commander , gunner , driver or whatever??????

pls give me an answer

You don't have to restart a mission to change crew positions, you can do it in game! Just left click and hold on the crew member you want to change, then drag it to the position you want him to change to (i.e to the other crew member occupying that position), and drop him there and the change has been made.

At the start of a combat members of a tank crew take their seats automatically, a soldier with the best Driver skill becomes the driver, soldier with the best Gunnery skill becomes Gunner, if a soldier with the best Driver skills takes a seat of a gunner, his Driver skills don’t have any effect and don’t develop. Therefore it is important to place each crew member to his place.

In this mission the skills of Wittman and his crew members are generated randomly. In your case the skill generation resulted in high Driver skill of Wittman than the Driver skill of the crew driver (sorry for overdriving...) therefore Wittman found himself on the drive’s seat.

Here are the skills, which appoint a soldier to a particular position in a tank:

Gunner – Gunnery

Driver - Driver

Machinegunner - Marksmanship

Commander - Leadership

Loader – skills are not evaluated

It is advisable to develop the Intelligence skill of every soldier at least to 50% as this skill helps them move and act more effectively.

• 1 year later...

Just bought ToW & being a good newbe starting with the boot camps.

Having problem in first scenario when told to occupy the abandon tank; the skilled driver didn't jump into the driver's seat as the skilled gunner got there first. With the game paused I tried to drag & drop the crew to reverse their positions to match the man with the skill to the right position to no avail (he kept popping back to original position).

I got around this by debarking both men from the tank, then telling the driver to embark first since I noticed the first man there goes for the driver's position, then told the skilled gunner to get in last, therefore occupying the gunner's position.

Should I be able to command them to swap positions in side the tank, and if so, how?