Enhancement of the game !

poth33

I love this game it's really fun and realist but i'm a bit frustrated because there are definitly some important WW2 tanks missing. no "PUMA","OSTWIND","SIEG 33" on the german side , and no"PRIEST","M18 WOLVERINE" on the allied side.

Why the developers didn't put them in the game ?

Some far less known tanks have been modelised.

It's just a question and I think it could be a good idea to put them into future additions to the game.

What do you think about it ? smile.gif

Pumas and Ostwind are pretty rare beasties, and so they are first off the list when people take stock of what makes it in or not. Remember, there's a limit. The SIG 33 (short for Schweres Infanterie Geschütz, thus not SIEG) would've been nice. The Brümmbar is equipped with the SIG 33, as far as vehicles go. More vehicles using the SIG would probably be overdoing it.

Now the Priest, there I agree with you completely, a good old HE chucker for the allies would've been fantastic and it's a genuine omission not to see it in ToW. The Wolverine is in (M10) you are referring of course to the Hellcat. Yeah, would've been nice. It's a lot quicker then damn near everything else and as such would've been a real treat compared to the variations on an M4 theme that is most of the US line-up.

Thank you Elmar,(for the answer and your corrections)

But as an CMBO/CMBB/CMAK lover(what a variety of vehicles in these games) , I feel a little disapointed.

I can add to my previous list:

no "FLAMETHROWER VEHICLES"....too bad again.

M7 Priest would be only an easy Target because TOW cant handle indirect fire as far i know.

Check the Hummel and the Wespe, they only can shot a straith line, maybe thats the reason why the removed the mortars from the game :mad: .

@elmar

where is my MAUS then i really desire that one too. :D

No really i think the 88 is one of the at's many people desire why didnt they put it in???

it was widely used by the germans and one of best weapons they got at certain times during the war.

88:

In Company of Heroes they also animated the two different guns. :)

And just for the 88 and the PAK 38/ M57. Nothing more.

And if you have seen 4 men interact with the 88 in CoH you don`t want to see anything less animated anymore.

...except for us realistic game lovers. Seems we only get the crumbs... :-(

...and even more weird. We are willing to take them.

Elmar what i understand is that the 88's are not in the game because it will take to much work to get them in???

So 1C left it out and BFC hadnt the resources or manpower to add this piece?

Does that mean there will be no extra guns, tanks etc added in the patches?????? (only LOS or some IA tweaks)

Or are you going to add them in patches???

And if you add them why are you adding them only now (did BFC first wanted to see if there is enough sold so they can upgrade there budget??)

Whoah! I'm just a tester, I might be more informed then most, Gospel it ain't! I'm just making assumptions here.

I'm not saying that no tanks or guns could make it in, but the 88 is unlikely (except if 1C cave to the incessant requests) because the soldier animation for the gun crew needs to be entirely different then any other gun crew animation. The 17 pdr would be far easier to include as in pretty much only requires to build the gun and the existing crew animations could be used.

But don't get your hopes up as for what is included in the patch. BFC have already stated that the 1st one will focus primarily on tech support issues. As for any possible second, it's a patch, not an add on. So don't get your hopes up too high.

Hmm, you say some vehicles haven´t made it into game because they were so rare ? 101 SdKfz 234/2 "Puma" were produced and around 200 of the version 234/1 hmm, ok, very rare and uncommon.

And the "jagdtiger" were massproduced right ? Oh, just around 80 pieces hmm ok... same goes for these very funny looking antiaircraft tank only a few were wuld and have ever seen on the battelfield. But ok, I will never understand how the developers decide which unit makes it in and which not, must be have something to do with the size of the units... ah the jagdtiger is big - goes in or so... .

But thats not my problem, the game suffers form varius other problems as there are:

- non or wrong animations :leftie problem, going up to kneel while reloding, grapping amunition form nowehre to reload the guns (ok, not realy nessacary)

- very bad managed LOS/LOF

- no inderect fireing

- stupid pathfinding

I´ve written down these things in a lot more post and I´m tiered...

But the crew animations of Wespe/ Hummel/ M 10 are also quite different.

And Wespe and Hummel were quite rare, too.

And whatabout the polish and french units? I mean, no offence, but why did they implement these? For 10 missions maximum? Yes, using them is a quite fresh scenario, but compared to the whole European theatre this covered a time of about 10 weeks. 2,5 month of a campaign which lasted over five years.

Then they should have skipped french and polish units and take in other interesting units, like the Churchill flamethrower or 380mm mortar. Or since there are mines in the game, is there any way to clear them? ...this brings me to: Engineers. Where are they?

In "West Front" of Talon Soft you could use the french units, too and it was rewarding somehow, because the missions were extended over a longer time, but as quick as the Polish and French campaigns are solved in ToW, this really makes me ask, why they put these units in the game and didn`t move the programming resources over to units, which make the other forces more complete.

Reminds me a little bit to the UFO show in Il-2 series.

Tons of usless planes wich never flew in combat but for some real important things, i.e. Me-109 F4 still cant carrying bombs,

there was no time or whatever :rolleyes: