Multiplayer Feedback

TBlaster

So I went to my friends house to try out the multiplayer. After initial problems trying to get it running (had to run towsetup to adjust the network speed to be identical on both systems), we finally connected.

It was a very big disappointment.

1. No objectives - it's a giant deathmatch

2. No ability to purchase your own units

3. No battle generator

4. No ability to pause the game - I felt completly out of control with trying to command 2 infantry squads with 6 or so tanks.

This game has MUCH potential, please make multiplayer fun, right now it's not worth playing.

1. no objectives. not terribly concerned although it would be nice. So that players do not go ww1 defensive

2. no ability to purchase your own units :(

3. not concerned, the community will make enough

4. to be expected

5. Coop VS AI ??? is it in

The Mission Editor can be used to make missions that does allow you to buy units. At least that is how it looks like when I was checking it out

Coop v AI is not in

After two days of trying MP out I have pretty much given up because of stability/connection issues. And in the end I doubt its possible to have more than a few units per player for big 4v4 games.

MP might still be nice for 1v1 but I had expected a lot more from ToW.

CBR

After a few failed connections yesterday and one game which was actually running I have to say that it`s not worth to wait until the map or whatever is loaded or connected.

And then you only have a handful of units, no reinforcements or possibilities to extend the battle somehow.

And by the way, who designed these maps? They look like, as if made by a random map generator. So, why didn`t the put the "generator" in the game?

The MP mode is really a joke.

I know that ToW is a different game, but anyone who has tried out the "Route N13" 8 player map in Company of Heroes or the 8 player maps in Supreme Commander knows what`s possible.

I can live with long loading times and an exhausting way of looking for mates to play with, if the result is somehow rewarding. But after at least 5 minutes of waiting I want to have a full Battalion to command and not 3 tanks, 3 recon vehicles and 1 assault gun. ...and steer them over maps which look like the surface of the moon.

Until it`s working acceptable the MP mode should be erased from the feature list of this game.

Originally posted by TBlaster:

After initial problems trying to get it running (had to run towsetup to adjust the network speed to be identical on both systems), we finally connected.

This in and of itself is a total joke. How hard can it be to have the speed default to the host speed or to the lowest speed of the connecting computers? Don't the devs know that it will be almost impossible for total strangers to get this right if there is not even a chat lobby?

I've tried for 2 days to find a multiplayer game using the IP swap site but have yet to have any luck. This is an amateuristic attempt at best for matchmaking.

I realize that TOW is not their game, but please tell me that Battlefront realizes it is now the 21st century and will actually include functional matchmaking tools for their upcoming 21st century Shock Force.