Problems with one of the Battles on the Soviet Campaign.

devildog0514

I cant find a way to win on the 7th Battle on the Soviet Campaign called "Strong At Heart".

You can destroy the First Wave pretty easily. But then these tanks with God like Armour comes on the field.. Of course, Im talking about German Ferdinand's. 200mm of Frontal Armour. I could handle if its just 1 of em, but its 2 or 3. Along with 2 or 3 Brummbars in the second wave.

The A.I Seems to be smart in this case. Holding back the Ferdinands at long range just shootin at my tanks and at guns. Nothing can penetrate its front armour. Track Shots dont even seem to work. While it sits there and picks of my At guns one by one by one.

Kills all my at guns, Starts to pick off my T34s. I get Frustrated and try to break cover sending one T34 strait at the thing, and two driving like mad to the flanks. 1 shots the T34 coming strait at it, and easily kills the ones trying to flank.

After the 2nd wave I get my 3rd set of Reinforcement's 2 T34s and 3 SPG's... Cant remember what type. 30 sec after that the Germans get their 3rd wave consisting of 3 Tigers..

Tigers and the Ferdinands kock out the Rest of my Tanks and SPG's and my inf are left help less.

Has anybody beaten this battle? And How did you do it?

Not sure if it would do any good to flank it. Its got 80mm Rear and Side Armour. I have a Mix of T34 model 41's and 43's. The 43's have a chance to take it out using APCR's rounds. The 41s dont have that option. Only Allowing 80mm Max Penetration. And even then you have to be less the 100 Meters away from the tank.

Sooo my question is.. How do you take em out? I doubt if Inf with Anti Tank Nades can take em out.

In that mission u should closely look at tanks characteristics.

I’ve passed it that way: mostly attacked turrets. When the armor is rather thick shoot in tracks it helps with Ferrdinands and Brumbars. There is an opportunity that you can damage tracks shooting with HE.

[ April 21, 2007, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Anka ]

• 2 weeks later...

Wait until you try the next mission - Steel Avalanche. :)

I managed to knock out the Brummbars with side shots from my 76mm guns as they pushed out towards the trenches. That left 3 Ferdinands...

Tried attacking them with infantry, but the AT grenades proved hopeless. However I did managed to immobilse one this way. When the reinforcements arrived I managed to hit one of the remaining Ferdie's with a 122mm HEAT - bang. One left. This one pushed forward and I eventually peppered it with 76mm shots, and I mean peppered - must of been hit +15 times. Eventually a track blown off and it was abandoned. Now the Tiggers...

One Tiger down quickly to another 122mm HEAT. One rushed the trenches and found 3 T34s and a SU122 waiting on a reverse slope. After lots of circling around with the T34s, confusing the Tiger, I managed to get in a track shot followed by a rear-ender that finally silenced it.

The final Tiger came in close to the village and into lots of flanking shots by my remaining hidden ATGs and AFVs. Again immobilised before a rear shot finishing it off.

Tough, but basically got through by hiding my troops and forcing the Ferdinands/Tigers to move forward. Take out the tracks on Ferdinands and go for close range rear shots on the Tigers. Both are at a distinct disadvantage close in.

Yeah I managed to win it just to be pissed off by another poor map, Steel Avalanche. Anyways aim for the tracks on the Elephants, the crews will bail if there is nothing in their sights.

Regardless the mission blows and the person who made it should be shot.

You want an easy way out? Go to options, click ignore campaign loss, then lose the map. You will go right on to the next mission.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

Or rebalance the mission with the editor. Heh heh.

Yeah is there a little manual out for it. I cant make sense out of the editor tool, too confusing for me.

[ May 07, 2007, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: wokelly ]