This game makes me sick (just kidding - and not kidding!)

Moosegum

Well, I'm sorry, but it does.

I get seasick.

Somehow the camera movements are making me seasick.

After about 20 minutes of playing the demo I'm so nauseous I have to go lie down. Happens every time. :(

It's really stupid, I know, and I don't know whether to cry or laugh about it. It's really silly, but it's also keeping me from playing/buying the game.

I mean, the game looks good, better than I expected (feared), but I can't go out and buy a game that I know I won't be able to play...

I haven't had this problem with other similar games before (other than FPS shoot'em ups). I've played lot's of CM, Total War series, NWN2 which have similar 3-D cameras and never had problems with nausea.

So, something in TOW's camera movement is different and is making me sick. And I do feel the camera movements are kind of "softer" than in the other games i mentioned.

I've tried adjusting the camera sensitivity in the options menu, of course, but that makes no difference.

I know it's nobody's fault other than some defect in my own stupid head, but none the less this game seems to be off limits for me. A real shame, for as I said, I think the game felt quite good and I was looking forward to getting into it. But that was not to be.

I just find it odd as the other games I mentioned do not make me sick and I do as much swirling and moving up and down and back and forth in those games as in TOW. :confused:

Well, the inner ear is a harsh mistress. smile.gif

Here's hoping they use another camera-system in CM2.

Enjoy the game - and post some screenshots for an old handicap like me (God, I really do feel old writing a post like this... :rolleyes: )

Regards,

Moose

EDIT: Changed the subject title a little to make it look a bit less grumpy ;)

[ April 21, 2007, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Moosegum ]

I get this with most FPS games. You are probably trying to do things too quickly. I had this, too, initially. The RTS clock ticking in your head, you tend to get rushed, even though nothing is rushing you. Sit back and let things happen.

Another interesting approach - play from the first person view only (select unit and hit ENTER). Then jump from unit to unit using the tab key. A very different perspective and totally eliminates camera issues.

Martin