Would like to see the rounds

Nikki Mond

Valuable information is just not making it to me as the player. It should be more obvious when my units are under fire. And usually where the rounds are coming from.

Many games like this show the rounds in the form of a tracer. Perhaps if every second or third shell was lit up this would improve gameplay.

I think of myself as the omnipotent being to my men, not as the company CO. Therefore if my tank crew is experiencing glancing shots off its left flank then I should know that because the crew would know it.

I think its great the enemy hangs a couple tanks back and attacks my flank at 800+ meters, but really I should see those rounds coming. Alot of my units are getting killed and it should be obvious why. Its not until the battle is played over a couple times I anticipate where the AI will place his units.

Infantry holy jeeze. Have them crawl inline formation to a destination look away, come back and they are all dead. Only to realize they were taking direct fire under my nose but again the small arms fire was not obvious. If you zoom in close the splashes are there. Should be visible bullets streaking across the map.

Sorry for being negative. The game has very good points as well.

Nah, you aren't being negative, you make a valid point. A point I disagree with though. You didn't think I was going to make it THAT easy, did you? ;)

Tracer fire was not as commonly used as computer games like us to believe. This because it looks good and, as you point out, is functional. Real soldiers tend to shun them for the same reason you'd want them in. It tells you where fire is coming from and shooters tend to find that undesirable.

As such I can see why tracers might be useful as a gameplay device. I am however of the opinion you should be taking better care of your soldiers. If you weren't aware of soldiers firing at your troops, then that's pretty bad. Especially since your troops in all likelihood were telling you they were getting shot. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Since I've been playing this game for some months now I'm probably less overwhelmed by the actiom and not easily surprised by the enemy.