Mission Editor-Help

gatsby

I would like to create a mission and have a couple of squads take out an MG42...Is there an easy way to do it? A template? I looked through at a mission using the mission editor, and I have looked through the mission editor manual..and the rects and points and such have me a tad confused...

I thought it would real cool because you can go to ground with these guys to get a couple of squads to take a machine gun...small group tactivs with individual soldiers..I know the scale of the map is intended for long range fights...but when I heard about the game I thought i would be able to do this..maybe the scale is just wrong...

Thanx

The Mission Editor can do this okay, but your better off (at least at first) learning it through modifying existing scenarios.

The AI depends on a complex system of what are called "triggers" and rects and points to shape its "intelligence" and battle plans so your idea should work (with the AI controlling the MG-42) but i think by looking at how a complete battle is structured, you will learn how to shape yours.

Madmatt

You will also want to find a map that has a sandbag emplacement built into it, or some other form of cover. Otherwise you will have an MG42 standing out in the open with out cover. Trenches and sandbag emplacements are hard coded into the map (I think that is the right term). They can not be added (or removed)as a static object.

Thanks...i am working my way through the map editor doc and the mission triggers doc...I think I want to have a company ..squads etc wander through a map..or series of maps ..running into various forces..like a small recon unit would..engaging..pulling back...maybe bringing support etc..Just dealing with a sniper or snipers could be cool...so I am reading this stuff...LOL

Looking at existing scenarios I just find confusing to unpack..Is there a small unit one, where there are only a few squads ..that is what I meant by a template...if not I will continue learning about truggers..its interesting in and of itself...

thanks

Dose anyone know how to put support assets into missions? I set some up so that I would get some arty but it never became avalible, I played around with the delay and stuff but still nothing.

Also dose anyone know how to move units once you've saved a mission? I keep going back to my first test but whenever I move the units they always appear in the same origonal spots ingame. They even appear in their new spots when I load the mission in the editor again just always in the same spot ingame.

Yes, the thing I most miss is the quick mission type generator (Med Total War, CM, CC) where you get/give points and pick your forces and map, or create one, then have a battle of whatever size you want. Makes replayability almmost endless. I think the mission/campaign generator will be much too confusing for me.