I think the AI works very well

Jacques Lacan

I haven't had any problems with it...in fact, ti seems to work a lot better than the AI in most games. For example, it appears that when I gave an order to a SOUMA tank to attack a PZIVD, it seems to have figured out that the frontal armor was too thick to penetrate reliably at 600 meters or so and it drove out for a flanking shot at closer range. Had I not given a specific attack order, I assume it would have stayed put and tried to track the PZIVD.

I played the mission in the demo where I had to repulse a Soviet attack across a bridge. They simply outflanked my armor and paks. I couldnt kill them fast enough then overran my infantry with their infantry.

I was pretty impressed. In Combat Mission I probably could have pulled it off, but not here.

I've only had a chance to dabble a little in the first mission of each campaign, but from what I've seen so far the enemy AI seems pretty good. I have some issues with 'friendly AI' or whatever the correct term is. Pathing was a bit dubious at times - tanks on roads, stray infantry men heading off into the open because I'd sent a movement order to the group rather than trying to keep themselves in cover. I found it very hard to gauge how much cover my units were in had during both initial set up and play. I guess experience will lead me to get used to both these things though as I attune to the amount of unit management required, so it's very pleasing that the enemy seems very competent as that would be something that would get very annoying quickly.

Have fun

Finn