Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Old settings suddenly appear

When I just now opened up CMBO, the movie at the beginning of the game ran. I've had that shut off for over a year.

The intro screen with Play Game, Multi Player Exit choices was sized differently.

The status bar showing the unit selected, its status, the movement arrows and GO etc was much smaller in size. In addition, the words Big Time Software were on either side of the status bar since it was now much smaller than it had been.

Graphics in the game seemed ok except for smoke. I had upgraded that with a mod quite some time ago and this smoke looked like the old days.

What's going on?

Puzzled Toad

Were you forced to select a new resolution too ?

For some reason or another you're running at a different resolution than you were before. If CMBB Demo is in a different directory I don't know why this would be the case. I suggest deleting your Prefs file for CMBO and selecting the resolution you want (assuming that your desktop is set to that resolution or higher at the moment. If you just exited out of CMBB Demo and you run it at a much lower resolution and then quickly started up CMBO, maybe it detected that your desktop was a lower resolution and reset itself (though it should still ask you what resolution you want to run at).

But I haven't downloaded BB !! I decided to preorder the demo and wait.

I did notice that when all of this happened the screen showing my list of installed scenarios was at a different resolution. I went in and made some changes and that is corrected. But stuff like the unit information display at the bottom of the screen is very different. For example --

No picture of the leader or TC. Instead the words Big Time are located like book ends on either side of this display.

Could all of this be related to a short power outage? But I didnt think I had CM open at the time.

I have no idea what is going on with your system. The only thing I can guess is that somehow the Prefs file was either corrupt or CM detected that your computer had changed its display driver or resolution, forcing a new Prefs file to be created (and the QuickTime movie to play).

The 'Big Time Software' bitmaps appear on both sides of the controls at the bottom of the screen to my knowledge, though I don't know dependent this may be on the resolution that you're running at.

Prehaps you need to delete the Prefs file again and select a resolution that you were running at before.