At guns

evo6tme

How do u get at guns to aim at specific parts of a tank? i`ve tried defensive training part 2 about 30 times and always the same result, i`m killed.

As soon as the 3 panzer 3`s arive they wipe both at guns out 1`st shot. I`ve tried abandoning the at guns until closser range, dosnt work,as soon as i man them again,bang i`m dead. Am i missing something becouse if training is imposible whats the game like ? i`ve preorderd but might just be regreting a little

If you take a look at the aiming button, you'll find three small cross-hairs to the side of the large cross-hairs. You can click on all three to shoot at turret, hull or tracks/lower hull respectively. Obviously, top one fires at turret, bottom one at tracks/lower hull. Alternatively use {ALT}+{1},{2} or {3} on the keyboard.

About that training mission... yeah, it's tough, but no, not indicative of how the game plays. To be honest I'm not really sure why it plays the way it does. The PzIIIs that are doing the bulk of gun crew killing aren't elite or something, yet they are displaying a frightening accuracy. I find abandoning the guns the best method and then wait till they start moving. This'll throw of their aim a bit so if you re-crew your guns you can catch him on the move.

Want to hear something truly awful? Once you kill that wave... you'll have to start nearly the same thing again.

[ April 18, 2007, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Elmar Bijlsma ]

You can see the three small cross-hairs on the Attack icon? If you click on one of them, you can change the specific parts targeting. Good option may be to immobilize the tanks first (target on chassis)

edit: Elmar was faster... smile.gif

I cracked that mission finally after about seven hair pulling attempts.

Kept the PAKs on the right rear edge of the deployment zone with reserve crew. That way not all tanks see you from the beginning. Was still hairy but I succeeded and won the second half too, albeit very close.

I'm having the same problem. The PzIIIs kill my gun crews (note the plural..I crew them with every man I've got) in 1 shot. My AT guys don't even have time to aim, much less fire.

Those Panzers are wicked gunners, I guess.

And the one time I did get past the first wave, the 2nd wave decimated me, again, with their first volley.

I did it eventually by hiding the AT crews behind the bushes with stay prone,dont move or fire comands then waited until panzer III`s got close then took the first 2 out ( the 3rd one stays in the rear as cover) then i unmounted the AT guns again and hid until the 3rd tank comes closer for a look and boom 3 dead pzIII`s :D