Corrupted Demo :-(

Bloodstar44

Damn I am pissed off. Tried to download game from one site and got a bunch of corrupted files in demo.

as I am paying per MB I will not try to download again and will wait for game.

Blah!

But no problem, back to play excellent Romance of The Three Kingdoms XI for PS2.

Mario

Originally posted by Moon:

Which site was it? Might be useful for us to remove the mirror link or at least let others know so they avoid it.

Martin

It was Gamezone.

It used it's own Download manager. I normally use Get right.

But no negativity from my side. I will wait for full game and play it slow.

Mario

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Sorry to hear that.

A bit unrelated to ToW but have you looked at a different ISP? It is practically unheard off paying for traffic these days. It's standard just to be paying for your subscription and get near unlimited Fair Use in return.

Well, I am living in Croatia. And here biggest ISP is German owned T-COM. They had monopol long time and only now things are starting to look better and this year we will have more choices.

I was big fighter for demonopolization of telecom market in Croatia. In 1999. I even made one action with many others of couse to boycott that monopolistic ISP for one day. Nothing new other countries in Europe have been through that also.

We had 2500 signed people on that web site and many media wrote about it. I was even on national TV hehe.

Big problem here is corrupted mafia alike politican. No problem in solding ISP but they didn't sold in the same package very importan strategy of Internet tech advancement as ISP's are just infrastructure that use lot's of other firms as well. So colonial menthality and corrupted politician played part here. That's why we had and still have crazy prices, small bandwidth and speed etc...They are milking the market slowly and don't keep up with practice in other countries. That is terrible as cheap Internet is a must. Normally they sell cars at same price as in west europe so I don't get it why Internet must be expensive.

Maybe to keep this country on par with African tech level, dunno.

Mario

Ah yes... they use the DigitalRiver download manager which some others seem to have problems with, too (including myself). One guy in the Tech Forum said he could simply add the .exe extension to run it.

Martin

Originally posted by Freeboy:

moon, that was me, worked ok after renaming the file and adding .exe.. very odd but demo installed and worked fine

I did that, but the message noticed I must to download the demo again because the file is corrupted!

Originally posted by CoolColJ:

Ausgamer worked fine for me - 500+k a sec

only use one download thread though, because they shut down people who try and leech with more than one..

Thanks for the info I try with 2 sites ausgamer &

fangaming, but it's late and I'll see what happen tomorrow morning.

Pat