Finally! The truth behind the delay...

Manx

You lot know nothin! I'll tell yer what's been going on. Here's the lowdown:

It was "rumoured" (yeah right) way back in Aug/Sept last year that getting an authentic sounding cowbell was proving extremely difficult for BFC and the 1C devs to recreate. Bearing this in mind, they came up with some delaying tactics - a ruse about them wanting to make the game more WWII historically accurate and adding new "feaures". This was all just a smokescreen to what's REALLY been going on.

Last i heard (no names, but this does come from a reliable source deeply imbedded in the BFC/1C upper echelon), is they got Madmatt to try to learn how to play cowbell himself instead of doing the "proper" thing by spending days stuck in grassy meddows recording the real thing). Cheapskates! Thing is, this policy has backfired...big time! Madmatt has failed to crasp the beautifully subtle, and melodic sounds that the instrument can create. According to an insider at one recording session, Madmatt's playing was likened to, and i quote; "someone banging very hard with something very hard on something very hard". No wonder were still waiting for ToW to be released!

Think i'm joking? Tell me this then - why else do think Madmatt hasn't been helping out much by answering questions about this game on the forum!. Too busy trying to play cowbell that's why!

So, where does all this leave us? With a pretty shoddy sounding game if you ask me.

Expect a patch or two a day after release.