What's the average player's profile in here?

Gface

the first strategic game for me was Patton vs. Rommel from 1986, back then I was in elementary school, but I have been always hooked on military games what so ever, so much I enjoyed gamming that I went into game programming carier.

br.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I'm 40, from Germany. I'm not that good at tactical wargames, so I played only a few (and only the smaller maps of the Combat Mission series). smile.gif

I like atmospherical games, games that make me feel like I'm "there". I liked the original Blitzkrieg, but not Bk 2, because I found that too complicated, too hectic and so on.

I'm also very much interested in WW2 and I have a small site (in German language) about autobiographical accounts of German WW2 soldiers.

Looking forward to TOW, because this could just be the game I've been looking for.

cu

Volker

Hi all,

60 and I`ve been interested in wargames for years.

I have been known, in the distant past, to have dozens of plastic model tanks in the garden. I also used to enjoy table top gaming. Then home computers came along and they are ideal for realistic wargaming. So far the Combat Mission series have been my No1 but I`m hoping TOW will move to the top of my list.

I have been known, in the distant past, to have dozens of plastic model tanks in the garden ...

WOW ...and your wife must be a very special lady to allow that. And the neighbors probably always had one eye on you at all times ...lol.

Just joking with you.

Regards,

Gunz

25, Canadian used to build armour models and read every book i could find on ww2, played every CC- my fav being A Bridge Too Far, Half-Life and Counter-Strike from the beginning, was searching for a realistic ww2 game until i stumbled upon CMBB then it was all over! I have been playing Red Orchastra and STALKER while i wait for TOW and CMSF.

GunzAbeam:

your not wrong about the neighbours, crawling around measuring shot ranges with a piece of string with knots in it and using a 6in thick rules manual to decide damage done. Yep probable looked very strange. We were so happy when the speccy came along because we knew one day we would be playig TOW.

After over 30 years together you are right my wife is a very special lady.

all the best worthy