It'll put hair on your chest.

No....Really.

Not only that...

-Mission Editor

-you can play Russians, Germans, Polish, French, British, the US

- 1939-1945

- All 3-D models

- Rich in detail; graphical, game play and historical units

- Multiplayer has up to 8 players who can play with or against each other; blue on blue as well.

- Campaigns or single missions

- Armor hits leave marks

- The game requires skill and actual application of sound tactics to succeed, even against the AI

- Great sounds!

- Mission Editor

From the website

* Inclusion of a full featured Mission Editor!

* Visibility and engagement ranges have been substantially increased to realistic levels.

* Hand to hand combat for infantry has been added (abstracted visually).

* Restrictions to the use of captured vehicles and equipment has been added. Now only soldiers with suitable skills can use captured equipment.

* Heavy artillery and light mortars were added as off-map support.

* The infantry to armor ratio in all missions has been substantially increased.

* Relative spotting indicators for each individual unit have been added.

* The campaign has been changed to now allow advancement to the next mission despite defeat in a previous mission.

* Fire on the move for vehicles with good enough crews has been implemented.

* Delayed detonation and real-world physics for hand and anti-tank grenades have been added.

* Enhanced physics modeling for all large caliber shells have been added.

* Better burst duration modeling for automatic weapons added.

* Infantry movement rates on various ground surfaces have been improved.

* Realistic physics for vehicle movement (usage of gears, throttling etc) have been added.

* Targeting for all units has been improved, it now depends more on target visibility, target movement status and firing mode.

* Various tweaks to vehicles and equipment: model sizes, damage calculations etc.

* Improved morale calculations.

* New missions have been added.

* Heavy air-bombers were removed from close air support role.

* The delay for air and artillery support has been increased to realistic levels.

* Unit path finding has been improved.

* Recon airplanes added into the game.

* Weather conditions and their effects on spotting, movement and combat have been improved.

* Realistic Uniforms, Ranks, Names and numbering conventions for all nation’s soldiers and vehicles have been implemented.

OH! And did I mention the mission editor?

I can go on and on (and cut and paste and cut and paste) but my fingers hurt.

[ April 04, 2007, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: gunnersman ]

I want to see more positive posts...I'm trying to get a better feel for the game and this gaming community.
Hi Gface,

I believe the primary reason you have been seeing/reading mainly negative type of posts is due to the fact that neither the demo nor the game itself have been released yet. In other words, there really isn't much a person can say about a game until he/she has played with it for a while.

Most of the "negative posts" seem to be people politicking for features that they want included in the next version of TOW.

[ April 04, 2007, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Tactical Command ]