real time concern

franz

One of the main reasons I want this game is so I can admire the action and the scenery.

If I am going 'hell for leather' clicking and scanning just to keep up with the enemy in real-time, then how do I find time to sit back and actually "enjoy" the game ???

This is why I hate Medieval Total War 2. There is absolutely no time for savouring the action.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

When you pause in TOW you can still move around the map and issue orders.

The above sentence has caused me to continue being somewhat interested in this game rather than completely dismissing it out of hand due to being an "RTS".

No pause for orders, no game (IMO).

Originally posted by Doug Williams:

The above sentence has caused me to continue being somewhat interested in this game rather than completely dismissing it out of hand due to being an "RTS".

Turns, pauses and other loss pre-emptive features are crutches for old ladies. Stretching out play to hours, days or even months in a tactical situation where units would run out of ammo in a half-hour or less is a total joke. Unless of course, what you really want is an animated miniatures game, rather than any sort of deeper wargame experience, an essential ingredient of which is time-pressure.

And if someone can't stand to lose, they ought to go play checkers with a pre-schooler.

PoE

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Doug Williams:

Turns, pauses and other loss pre-emptive features are crutches for old ladies. Stretching out play to hours, days or even months in a tactical situation where units would run out of ammo in a half-hour or less is a total joke. Unless of course, what you really want is an animated miniatures game, rather than any sort of deeper wargame experience, an essential ingredient of which is time-pressure.

And if someone can't stand to lose, they ought to go play checkers with a pre-schooler.

PoE </font>