*Release date countdown joke*

Sivodsi

Obviously they cannot release the game until the winners of the name contests have been declared. The Armchair general finishes November 5, so we can say that its going to be after that. Perhaps just a couple more weeks?

However, can anyone find an end date for the Battlefront one? If there isn't one then I guess it means they can extend the contest indefinitely :{

edited to change the title: please scroll to the end of the thread to read the "what would you give BFT to release this game" witticisms and feel free to add your own.

[ November 30, 2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Sivodsi ]

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

The Armchair general finishes November 5, so we can say that its going to be after that. Perhaps just a couple more weeks?

The problem with your logic is in that e.g. May 2008 is also after that - so it might as well be lots of later.

And then again, we don't have any reason to believe that BFC would show such holy respect for such a competition that they'd delay the publication for that reason only, since the names could be included afterwards as well, in a patch - so they might release it tomorrow.

I believe goose's intestines are a much more reliable method to predict.

• 2 weeks later...

Major change on the Armchair website: looks like they've extended the competition there too. Its a bit messy because they've done it by adding some of the units that were in the BFT competition, but not in the same week. The first 3 units were different, but last week in AG they had the truck and this week the vickers tankette, whereas in the BFT contest, they've already done the vickers and this week they have the Ford.

This could be a long competition.

I would say release will be end of January or early Feb.

Dont expect anything before Christmas.

Just a couple of days ago they released a set of videos to appease people. They also just said major changes were being made and that entails a LOT of work. That means it will be at least another month anything solid happens. Then we have Xmas holidays so that means yet another month of downtime while the programmers and marketers all holiday in the Bahamas. Then demo release, so that means a couple more weeks before the real thing comes out.

So, I would say end of January or early Feb. for a proper release.

I think we deserve a little more than our names in the game with all this waiting.

Surely they can offer a free copy of the game to the winners from now on.

The only time of the year I get enough spare time to play games in Christmas holidays. If it aint out by then, I will be pretty pissed.

Originally posted by franz:

I think we deserve a little more than our names in the game with all this waiting.

Surely they can offer a free copy of the game to the winners from now on.

The only time of the year I get enough spare time to play games in Christmas holidays. If it aint out by then, I will be pretty pissed.

Well you can play it xmas 2007+.

And no, Im not being sarcastic, I mean it.