Less Tanks 4 Me Please & Unfair Fights

Lanzfeld

Looks great! :eek:

I am hoping that this all works out.

Now I know that you guys LOVE your tanks but I am not so thrilled about the "tankfest" I am seeing in the screenshots and AAR's. I read that we can edit the units? Is this correct? I will much more enjoy having maybe only 1 or 2 tanks. :confused:

Also....there is much talk about battles being "balanced". Sometimes I just want to have my 2 or 3 squads have to clean out 1 nasty German squad in a village. Sometimes I want my lone squad to have to face a few German squads with a Tiger. What I am saying is that I don't always want a fair fight so, again, I hope we can mod the units to whatever we want to try that day. This was one of the things we all loved about CM. :D

I will give this a shot...NOT that I am a good replacement for Megakill or David1C.

Anywho...

There has been discussion of this, at least too the point of not haveing so many tank heavy battles. But rest assured there will be plenty. And the reason being (according to the developers) because there were so many battles that involved tanks...and they just plain love tanks (and who doesnt)!

But there will be effort to put battles that are not so tank heavy.

I would personally love to see all infantry battles with HMGs and ATGs or IGs (what other abbreviations can I come up with? ;) )

The first release will not have a software development kit or any kind of editing tools for the map. BUT, there is talk of some form of editing tools for a follow up patch.

It was said, that you can change units which take part in a battle, weather ... with xml files.

Moon posted:

Mord is right. To add to that - even if we don't manage to put in a full featured scenario editor, creating scenarios on existing maps is as easy as putting together an XML file, and we'll provide support on how to do that in any case. So you'll be able to tweak existing scenarios, or even create entirely new force mixes from scratch one way or another.

Martin

Many of the screens you'll see up there of course try to showcase the cool stuff as well as things that make the game stand out from the crowd. Quite naturally that includes a lot of tanks. Some scenarios in the game are tank-heavy, some are pretty even, but like Megakill said in several you'll basically get infantry only (or mostly). Once the game is out you'll be able to put your own little soldiers on the existing map (with or without a proper editor; all you need to do at the moment is fix up an XML file and we'll show people how to do it) and finetune it to the ratio you'd like to have.

Martin

Maybe these statements help you out a little bit.