Please would a dev give some demo info.

stone75

Seems to be a lack of dev response of late either through being very busy or playing too much ToW smile.gif Could any dev please give an indication of demo progress as speculation is rife on the forums and id love to know which days to book off work.

This however is not a plea for the demo sooner, just a small intel recce smile.gif

Thanks Steve..

Thanks for the response with no info, a little more meat would of been nice, maybe a "its going well" or " its nearing completion" or even a " were a little way off yet" anything basically to give an impretion on how your labours are going.

Ta, Steve.

Its crazy Gunnersman, good info creates hype, hype equals sales. No info eventually leads to no interest. I know its a bit harsh saying theres no info here as there is, but every fan of this game waits on the demo and info for that is next to nil except there will be one. It takes but a moment to inform the masses on progress.

Steve

You forget we have done this before. The grief of a missed date, or the whine for more information is the main reason we don't post about the demo. How about if we talked about a battle in a demo then remove it for some reason? Remember each minute here having to explain things is a minute I could spend testing or changing something.

We have kept to this policy for years with no issues, just know we are working on the demo and other things, and madmatt will announce when the time comes.

Rune

Originally posted by stone75:

Its crazy Gunnersman, good info creates hype, hype equals sales. No info eventually leads to no interest. I know its a bit harsh saying theres no info here as there is, but every fan of this game waits on the demo and info for that is next to nil except there will be one. It takes but a moment to inform the masses on progress.

Steve

Things are going well, the demo is nearing completion but it's still a little ways off.

Originally posted by rune:

the whine for more information

You have a lot of new people coming through the door specifically for this game, so a position explained with abrasive language which the "low numbers" might understand might not play quite as well with newcomers.

to quote moon.."Yes, we're falling a little behind schedule on the demo due to the amount of changes and testing. Early September? Fingers crossed."

Is this the kind of information you guys dont post rune ? never mind, dont answer id sooner have the demo faster than a response. Just remember its a forum, a place to discuss and find out. If you dont want people asking when a demo is out, dont announce a demo.

Thanks for all your teams efforts.

Steve

Reminds me...

ParaBellum, check the email I have for you for a question to you.

Windy City, if you have some free time, email me.

PseudoSimonds, you are on standby, email me if you have some free time. What do you have on the waffenvolksguitar and cowbells?

Rune

At least Battlefront is working on the demo :confused: Check out this interview on firing squad and tell me what 1C is doing in the meantime?????

FiringSquad: Are there any plans for a playable demo of the game to be released?

David Philippov: We are working on this issue with BattleFront.com now, and it is highly probable that we will release a playable demo soon. However, the final decision hasn't been made yet. We would like to fully concentrate on the upcoming release, not being distracted by other tasks, but numerous players regularly ask for a demo. We are reluctant to disappoint them, so we�ll try to do everything we can.

"However, the final decision hasn't been made yet." This scares me a bit.

But to be honest: I am convinced that Battlefront will not let us down and the above is just the opinion of a Wodka-high Russian brain ;)

There goes the can of worms.......

Uwe

Sirocco, as minor a sentence as that, i am not going to worry about it, newcomer or not.

If you want to infer that potential customers asking for information are whiners, that's your choice. I just don't think it's a bright choice of words, especially considering posters were advised to be more gentle with newcomers by, umm, BFC.

You know, you could have stopped the "whining" dead in it's tracks with a quick clarification in the original thread, but instead it was allowed to run riot to the point you *had* to step in.

Re-read the sentence, it is NOT what I said.

The grief of a missed date, or the whine for more information is the main reason we don't post about the demo.

I never said requests are whines, nor did I ever say finding out about information about the game is whining. Nor at any point did I say asking about the demo is whining. You are reading into it.

Enough time wasted on this.

Rune

Originally posted by Manx:

Megakill stated on Friday 1st Sept that the demo would be released "very-very soon". Nothing posted by him since. Has Madmatt eaten him? Inquiring minds would like to know!

and more importantly, did he serve as a breakfast, lunch, or as a full family dinner?

Re-read the sentence, it is NOT what I said.

The grief of a missed date, or the whine for more information is the main reason we don't post about the demo.

I never said requests are whines, nor did I ever say finding out about information about the game is whining. Nor at any point did I say asking about the demo is whining. You are reading into it.Enough time wasted on this.

Rune

Now you know why I try to stay out of these threads. People just don't read. ;)