Some Questions about New Ranges etc.

Kecks?

It's almost time to go home after a long week, but i'm trying to decide wether this thread is depressing or smacking of idiocy disguised as twisted hillarity..is it real language by sane adults or just more spamlets dropped by adolescents from a culture far, far away... I'm going to take a break from my lurking for a few weeks...it's hurting me 'ol eyes. See yall after the demo.

Originally posted by GS_Wünsche:

I just wanna know what made the developers come to setup the ranges for aromor penetration to historic level. Thats not typical for game developement.

Yes, unfortunately that's the way game development works today. Most companies will only look at the volume of games they might sell and bend reality to such a point where it isn't recognizable anymore just to maximize the amount of money they can make.

For some it might not seem that important if the ranges are changed, they might even think that it's a minor sacrifice to ensure a balanced MP game. It's not. Lowering the range for a tiger changes totally what a tiger is all about, a weapon that dominates the battlefield from a distance, it's slow turret for example isn't very useful in close battles (unless you want to change the turret speed as well). But know that you changed the turret speed and range it's still quite slow and too vulnerable at close range considering it's "point value", why not change speed and armour as well. Why not change the polygons as well so that the tiger looks like an orc and call the game Warcraft?

If someone is looking for a balanced MP game why not buy "Warcraft" in the first place then? I don't really see the need for a game in which WWII is just scenery for yet another RTS (like Blitzkrieg).

[ September 02, 2006, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: moneymaxx ]

who says both players will have the same "money" allotment?

you wanna play with less money in MP against others???? I dont!

///I usually only play with/against friends. if the equipment pricing isnt right, or other circumstances (like terrain favoring one side) demand it, I am very fine with asymmetrical budget warfare.

there wont be a map editor with the game.

says who?

///me.

why would it be any different? you do ask funny questions *g*

its not funny because if you can setup games for historic years it could be unbalanced, have you ever played Combat Mission 2 online in a 1941 Scenario as German? If not get the game and i show u what i mean!

///sorry, I havent played CM2 yet since I do not own such a game (yet).

however, a situation similar to the one you describe frequently occurs in CMBB. The scenario/problem you describe is exactly the spice of the game, the challenge that translates into entertainment for some (like me).

What platform did you decide for the Game to meet up for MP Games? Gamespy or something like that?"

seems to me Gayspy is not to worry for you becaus of no answer

/// you're right indeed I am neither worried about nor interested in Gayspy

Seems to me dude you have not played many other RTS Games in the last couple of years. SP is not intersting its no challange to play against KI or some scripts with using the pause button or quick save to reveal your decission after it.

///it would seem to me that somebody who plays single play in the manner you describe cheats himself out of the enjoyment of the game. who would be stupid enough to do that? It would be neither very entertaining nor the "victory" any rewarding if one did that.

GS_Marcks is not a memeber anymore. GS_Grass never heard of him.

///I see.

Well who told you to answer in the first case. You are not a developer or anything like that with TOW so you take your crumbs only from the depth on the internet but nothing concrete.

In this case i would welcome if someone with more knowledge about the game would answer.

Thanks in advance but your answers were not really meaningfully.

///again sorry for trying to help.

Indeed my answers were unsolicited, you made it clear you wanted an answer from Megakill or other officials.

My replies furthermore were unauthoritative and in some aspects w/r/t some questions indeed I could not help you at all, mainly because I lack in expertise playing multi-MP RTS games lately and hence lack the natural desire for a well-balanced portrayal of WW II.

sorry, won't happen again.

I hope Megakill will arrive shortly to give you the answers you are looking for.

until then have a nice day anyway.

now, why do images of the turtle in Finding Nemo keep popping up in my head ?!? :confused:

Originally posted by Urban Shocker:

I believe I heard in the 20+ minute video that the battlefield was 2 km x 2km which would mean the longest tank or AT shot would be 2000m.

in theory wouldnt it be c = root of (a^2 + b^2)

you know, pythagoras and all.

which would be 2.8 km ?*

*caveat: iudex non calculat

I believe you're right Hofbauer. And if I'm not mistaken in the screenshot capture supplied by one of the members, the max range of the 20 mm German gun was indeed represented as 2800 meters. In one penetration table I have seen (on the net) the German 88L56 is reported to have a penetration with PzGr39 ammo of 80 mm @ 30 deg. sloped armor at 2500 meters. very powerful, especially for the time period when the Tiger I tank was introduced.