NVIDIA - XP problem... this worked -fully!!-on my system

TCP

On my abit kt7a + athlon + geforce 256 -creative's one- I have had all the problems nvidia-xp you can read in other messages...

I've tried all sort of drivers from nvidia, also the latest betas... and no result! But one hour ago i've tried to download the creative's own drivers, and now the game is exactly the wonderful one i was used in Win Me!! Not know, because is a OLD driver if it will works on other systems, with other games -i've tried only the couple i own and, yes, it works- and especially not know if it works with other brand nvidia cards, and with for example a geforce 3... but maybe this can help someone!

I've found it, looking a geforce 256 driver for win 2000 in america, at:

http://www.3dblaster.com/drivers/welcome.asp

The name is:

tntaw2k.exe

Date: 18 February 2000 2521195 bytes

Creative TNT/TNT2/GeForce cards

TNTA-W2KWEB-1-US

Description:

This is the latest stand-alone driver release (Ver 1.03) for Creative's TNT, TNT2 & GeForce accelerator cards for users running Windows 2000.

This driver release supports the following cards:

* 3D Blaster GeForce Pro

* 3D Blaster GeForce

* 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2 Ultra

* 3D Blaster RIVA TNT2

* Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT2 Value

* Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT

You may want to check out which specific 'NVidia release' this driver is (by checking the 'Driver File Details'). Supposedly the Detonator 3.68 drivers will also work completely for CM in Win2K (no 'white transparency'), but I'm not sure how well they work within XP. However many people don't want to go back to an older driver since there are compatibility issues with other games and the performance and options that aren't available with these previous drivers (though some older drivers are actually better performers than some of the newer ones).

And you are correct... newer video cards like the GeForce 3's and possibly the new Titaniums will not work with this driver since they won't recognize the chip.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]</p>