How many player in mulitplayer mod?

wujiabin

Originally posted by Granfali:

#3 feature Strategic Campaign???

Actually a strategic campaign sounds like an excellent thing for an add-on.

"Theatre of War: Mega Campaigns" or whatever.

Sort of like CC4 and 5. Wow, that sounds damn good for an expansion pack. They could release a bunch of them like the close combat guys(normandy, kharkov, stalingrad, north africa, italy, meuse crossing, winter war, okinawa, berlin, bulge, etc).

Make them moddable of course, and add unit modding and all that just like Close Combat.

:D

Originally posted by Megakill:

speak slower please, I am writing everything down :))))))))))

Basically, let's say Theatre of War has a campaign system like Close Combat 3. That is true.

Let's say you have good success with the game comercially. Good.

Let's say there are a lot of things which you'd like to add to the game, an expansion pack is a good idea, right? The community will be yelling for one.

Adding an "strategic layer" and "modding platform" would be a godsend for the community.

Think of Close Combat 3 vs Close Combat 4. In 4, you have the strategic layer where you can move your little guys all over the place and request artillery strikes, air strikes, you have supply points, roads, ammo, fuel and all that stuff.

I think an expansion pack based around a "Mega Campaign" like CC4 and 5.

Basically, instead of IL-2 Sturmovik campaigns, Combat Flight Simulator 3 campaigns! :D

The community also needs a very modifiable "platform" from the game. Think of FPS games and Close combat.

1. you can add new weapons, soldiers, vehicles, etc

2. you can edit and make maps, missions and entirely new campaigns

Just like Close Combat. You know what has kept Close Combat, and many other games selling all these years? Replayability, multiplayer and modding.

People still buy Close Combat games to this day. Why? Because people are still making mods and campaigns.

I think this would be VERY beneficial to the commercial well-being of the game. If you added strategic campaigns and full-fledged modding, Theatre of War would still be selling copies for many years.

Originally posted by kabex:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Megakill:

speak slower please, I am writing everything down :))))))))))

Basically, let's say Theatre of War has a campaign system like Close Combat 3. That is true.

Let's say you have good success with the game comercially. Good.

Let's say there are a lot of things which you'd like to add to the game, an expansion pack is a good idea, right? The community will be yelling for one.

Adding an "strategic layer" and "modding platform" would be a godsend for the community.

Think of Close Combat 3 vs Close Combat 4. In 4, you have the strategic layer where you can move your little guys all over the place and request artillery strikes, air strikes, you have supply points, roads, ammo, fuel and all that stuff.

I think an expansion pack based around a "Mega Campaign" like CC4 and 5.

Basically, instead of IL-2 Sturmovik campaigns, Combat Flight Simulator 3 campaigns! :D

The community also needs a very modifiable "platform" from the game. Think of FPS games and Close combat.

1. you can add new weapons, soldiers, vehicles, etc

2. you can edit and make maps, missions and entirely new campaigns

Just like Close Combat. You know what has kept Close Combat, and many other games selling all these years? Replayability, multiplayer and modding.

People still buy Close Combat games to this day. Why? Because people are still making mods and campaigns.

I think this would be VERY beneficial to the commercial well-being of the game. If you added strategic campaigns and full-fledged modding, Theatre of War would still be selling copies for many years. </font>

I too would like to see a Megacampaign addon, along with moddability. I tend to play games like this and CC only in singleplayer mode and moddability and a campaign system would greatly enhance that and keep ToW on my hard drive for a very long time.