Fog and Radeon graphics cards...

OGSF

Will fog be visible with Radeon graphics cards, not just Nvidia cards?

And speaking of fog, will there be dust and if so will it obscure vision and drift about and so on?

And the screenshots look great - TOW is a wonderful surprise! Thanks guys.

But will it obscure the LOS/LOF of units in the game?

Excellent looking game, Megakill. Thanks for all your hard work. Who else out there in Russia should we be heaping our gratitude on?

smile.gif

Gpig

Originally posted by Megakill:

Both cards are fully supported.

Dust - there is dust from moving tanks and explosions, so it can obscure vision if camera is set close to the ground. Not sure if it answers the question though.

First question answered nicely.

With dust and "obscured vision", I was thinking of LOS of units in the game. Will dust from vehicles obscure possible targets from other units in the game?

Which reminds me of another question - can units fire into smoke and dust? In CM, if a unit is obscured by smoke, it becomes essentially invulnerable to fire from other units until it becomes visible again. So if for example troops are advancing behind a smoke screen, can MGs' fire into the smoke and possibly hit obscured targets?

Absolutely you can fire into smoke. You can force your units to attack ground in the general area of where you think units of the enemy are. And you can hit them even it you don't actually see them.

For example my own tactics - I prefer to use HE shells and shoot not the field gun, but the ground next to crews in the hope to hit crews by shrapnel (even though crew sometimes could be hidden behind the gun).

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by Reichenberg:

There will be no smoke shells or screens, but there is smoke/dust from tanks or explosions.

Uwe

But does it impair unit sighting. I get that smoke and dust will obscure the view of the camera, but are the units able to see thourgh it as if it wasn't there, like in IL2's clouds.