Rpg system and weather

Kwoon

Hi

1. How does rpg system work? Soldiers get exp from battles and player can give them points for skills like in Fallout? How far does it go?

When one soldier won some battles can he become a "uber" soldier with all skills on max?

Or is it like in real life mainly matter of talent?

How does it work with snipers? Soldier with poor accuracy after lets say 10 battles can become great sniper?

2. Weather conditions, on screens we can see only calm summer/winter maps.

Is it possible to have a storm with lightnings? :D

Does the weather change? Does it effect on soldiers, armour etc?

thanks!

1. I cant say how far any one soldier can get as I haven't ever had anyone make it more than 3 battles. :(

2. You can have rain, fog and snow, but weather is the same throughout the battle. Never saw any lightening as such but only breifly played a rain battle.

In addition to summer and winter maps, you should have also seen autumn (fall) ones as well.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

In addition to summer and winter maps, you should have also seen autumn (fall) ones as well.

Madmatt

The autumn maps are just beautiful...I swear looking at them I could almost smell leaves burning and feel that crisp nip in the air when October comes a callin'.

Man, if you guy's decide to give us a map editor on par with CM's sometime down the road...I think I could spend hours designing JUST landscapes.

Mord.

While its not for certain, due to how IL-2 handled maps, I kind of doubt that a full map editor like you have grown accustomed to in CMx1 will be possible in ToW anytime soon (or at all). What we are shooting for though is a scenario/battle editor.

It's very early still in our cooperation with the developer, and we don't want to scare 1C with tons of demands of "gimmie gimmie gimmie" just yet. ;)

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

It's very early still in our cooperation with the developer, and we don't want to scare 1C with tons of demands of "gimmie gimmie gimmie" just yet. ;)

Madmatt

LOL I think it's too late!

Did you guy's warn them about the boards...even a little....before they signed the papers?

Mord.

No kidding, this forum is rough. This certainly isn't what I was hoping for, I was hoping they'd be taking another game from a different publisher and accelerating the development from what's happening there. But, I am very excited about this one. I just didn't know it existed before it came to BFC, so I couldn't be anxiously anticipating it.

I am now though.

Don't worry about the forum behaviour. 1C have tons of experience with unruly, demanding, whiny fans on forums.Some of the whines present include the petition to desynch the .50cal guns, the petition to change the kindly desynched .50cal guns,the infamous FW190 cockpit bar saga, the durability of Russian "deltawood" used in the manufacture of some aircraft,reduce the muzzle flash from German aircraft's guns, more torque, LESS torque, and teh mltitudes of XXXXplane is porked, and it just goes on and on and on. Still a good game though.

I think that's what scared Oleg, praise be unto him, away from the boards.

I think he'll be okay here.

Originally posted by FlatSpinMan:

Don't worry about the forum behaviour. 1C have tons of experience with unruly, demanding, whiny fans on forums.Some of the whines present include the petition to desynch the .50cal guns, the petition to change the kindly desynched .50cal guns,the infamous FW190 cockpit bar saga, the durability of Russian "deltawood" used in the manufacture of some aircraft,reduce the muzzle flash from German aircraft's guns, more torque, LESS torque, and teh mltitudes of XXXXplane is porked, and it just goes on and on and on. Still a good game though.

I think that's what scared Oleg, praise be unto him, away from the boards.

I think he'll be okay here.

LMAO! That sounds familiar. So...they are right at home.

Mord.

No guys, it is impossible to make uber-soldiers. An experienced crew is several times more effective - spotting enemy faster, loading faster, shooting better, etc. But a well placed shot will take them out the same way as it would a green crew.