What do YOU command...?

HeinzBaby

From what I gather,

every single weapon/AFV/soldier/shell is tracked.

The screenies are gorgous.

OK, I've lost the plot.

What is YOUR command.

Is ToW~ Squad, platoon or Company level, and what are the largest forces that can be fielded.

Thanks for your patience.

Well, you command everything really. Just like CM, there is no actually command position that you fill, your basically the overall battlefeild conscience of your side.

You issue orders to individual guns, crews, tanks, vehicles and squads. But you can also command a specific member of a squad or crew and have them do something all on their own.

You don't have to micromanage every member of a squad, they will cover each other when they advance, lay down fire, and take cover on their own, but if you want to issue specific orders to every guy, you can.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

You don't have to micromanage every member of a squad, they will cover each other when they advance, lay down fire, and take cover on their own, but if you want to issue specific orders to every guy, you can.

Madmatt

I really like that idea! I think it'll give us opportunities to see some real stand out heroics by a single man when and where it would be unwise to send an entire squad.

Mord.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Although I don't know you personally Mord, I would have to say that to me, you see like a very hygenic and well read cretin...Just thought you might like to hear that...

Madmatt

LOL thanky...I soaped up and got me a library card since that statement was made. Tris would be proud.

Mord.

That's the beauty of the game - you can go as deep into micromagement as you want. Up to giving specific orders ot an individual soldeir -go prone, crouch, go here, go there, use hand grenade to attack this target, switch from rifle to a pistol, pick up enemy sub-machine gun, etc.

On the other hand - you can leave this to AI completely and just take care about the battle giving out strategic commands.