Infantry Battles Focus?

Destraex

I would like to clear up how much detail is being taken with the infantry. I really want to know whether the infantry are just accessories to the vehicles - you know they support them a little but are really their for looks.

OR

Like in Close Combat you can have a very intense infantry combat experience without any vehicles on the map.

I am sure this will become clear over time and am really hoping that in a game of this scale infantry play a major part.

Infantry plays a very important role. It's not unusual to have infantry-only fights in the missions because most or all of the tanks are immobilized or knocked out (or there are none to start with). Infantry is especially powerful because TOW allows you to pick up equipment from the field and to recrew weapons and vehicles, so one soldier can really turn the tide (read the interview on the ACG site for an example of this). And lastly, infantry is important because the game has a strong RPG aspect - you really start caring about your little guys (each single one of them) after they survive a battle or two, have received medals from you and a promotion, and you bought some extra skills for them. That is immersion on a whole different level than in the CM games for example and it means that infantry is far from just being a crunchie or moving target for the tanks. TOW is not a panzer simulator.

Martin