Organized Wishlist and Discussion

MorgTzu

Long-time lurker, first-time poster, and late 30 something Grog.

I have spent a lot of time posting and reading especially "indie" level gaming forums over the last several years and it is a great testament to the future of TOW that it's not only getting the traffic level but quick and active responses from devs, admins, and mods...I am finally beginning to have hope again for an enjoyable non-kiddie game.

1. Maybe someone else could sticky a new topic in the near future "Things we do know" - things that aren't covered on the features page. It could serve as an unofficial faq for newcomers so that there isn't quite the spam level ;)

2. I and many others have been waiting since close combat for the torch to be picked up. After the half-hearted attempt that was EYSA (and I like Eric), there are several lessons learned from that experience that I would like to add to a wishlist for TOW:

3. It is a fairly simple thing, so I'll list this first, allow units to be renamed. CC4 did it and although your strucure is different i'm sure, not that hard to do. It's just that one little thing that makes it more personable and immersive. That tank team that has been with you through several battles and held the line with near heroic moral now becomes "Sturm Team" or some such.

4. I love the large maps and have already seen comments on other forums about them. But there is something missing that makes them feel a little "park" like. Little foilage. This is based only on the older screenshots, but even static grass or a few more bushes in the woods for infantry concealment would be great. And I won't mention infantry in buildings (even in an abstract way) because other folks have and will again and again. tongue.gif

5. Combat mission and a few other almost cult followed games have developed avid modders. Please, in the name of schwerpunkt, make this game as moddable as you possibly can, even if it is done after bugs are quashed..an editor and lol, even a map editor would sweeten your pot, because this is what the niche market you have here (and the devs know this better than anybody) gobble up , want, and neeeeed.

6. One more and I'm done for now, I have read almost every biography available on Rommel and one thing that stood out when I was looking at your camera-follow-aircraft shots was how great it would be to utilize aircraft for real time recon in the way that the Desert Fox and others were able to. Nuff for now. :cool:

Thanks Michael, people that know me from some of the other 'grog' type forums know I don't post much...but now that Battlefront is in on ww2rts.. I admit, i'm a wee bit excited and judging from new topics being started every few minutes, others are as well. The RPG elements in TOW being subtle yet apparently well implemented might even allow close combat to scoot over on the hard drive for a while.

Thanks Matt, look forward to it...I was trying to think of things not so much in a question format as some of them have already been asked..but you know as forums evolve, people can skim a wishlist first and see if their suggestion / idea has already been discused without starting topic no.425 on "omg...givve me the builingzzz now, lolzers"

With regard to 4 (lack of foliage) please keep in mind that the level of detail shown in screenshots depends on distance. Some of the large overview screenshots which seem to only show a few trees and houses look quite a bit different when you zoom in.

Martin

Thanks Martin, you guys are realy working overtime staying on top of the forum...depending on how things shake out over the weekend, maybe I will try to summarize some of the other forum "wishlist" items on page 1...kinda premature to call it suggestions :->