More questions ? You bet !

Salkin

Ho hum...ok here goes :

1. How does damage to AFV:s work. Will text appear over the Tank telling you that : "Track hit, 1 casualty, vehicle immobilised" like CM or will we have to watch a HUD and see how much tank personnel survived the hit ?

And will loosing an antenna affect the vehicle in any way?

2. Can we tell a tank to area fire near infantry ?

3. Can we order that same tank to target the tracks/engine/side of the enemy vehicle?

4. Is there a "fog of war", or are we limited to the draw distance ? Can the infantry sneak up on targets using concealment or is cover the only factor?

5. Can we use cover arcs ?

Thanks in advance smile.gif .

//Salkin

Oh yeah , I thought of another question :

6. Is the infantry movement fluid and realistic? Is ragdoll implemented (I should think not, but I'll ask anyway smile.gif ).

[Edit: Just watched the gameplay video and infantry movement is looking good, still wondering about ragdoll though.]

//Salkin

7) How's the penetration modeling?

7a) Horizontal and vertical angles considered?

7b) Loss of kinetic energy for non-HEAT/HE penetrations computed? Or table-driven?

7c) Angle effects on different kind of ammo? Different ammo modeled in first place?

Let me weigh in with some answers.

Right now, voice sounds are not implemented in my build but I believe there are audio cues to alert of stuff like this.

Currently you get a top down and side diagram showing you where damage has been inflicted as well as a little message/status window that will mirror all crew/soldier messages for currently selected unit. You will get announcements that the Main gun is destroyed or the unit had no valid line of site to the target etc...

2. Yes, you can issue a command called Target Ground, which allows area fire. You can also tell the unit which weapon you want to use. Remember in CM how sometimes that Panzefaust unit wouldnt use them when they close assualted? Well its no problem anymore, just order them to use the PzFaust and they will, unless they did it for you. ;)

3. yes, you can order gunners to target Wheels/Tracks, Hull or Turrets.

4. I havent really seen one unit totally sneak up on another yet, but I also havent tried to crawl undetected to a enemy position yet either.

5 No cover arcs, and none needed either. Remember, in CMx1 a covered arc is actually a targeting limitor, it PREVENTS a unit from scanning in too wide an arc for targets and thereby getting fixated on a unrealistic target. The AI in ToW is strong enough to pick targets on its on.

Of course you as the player may have your entire squad concentrate fire on a single target for example, and you can do that at will.

6. Animations are VERY fluid. Wait to you see the animations of a crew bailing out or recrewing a Hetzer. Its a thing of beauty!

7. With the time I have had with the game to date, penetration and ammo effects are consistent with real world performances.

7a,angle of incedence of shells does appear to be modeled and I think the devs comments on this long ago.

7b. Looks like its done much the way CM does it. Thats something that the devs will have to comment on.

7c. HUGE list of ammo types... Jesus, do you people ever LOOK at the screenshots I post?

8. Scale is 1 to 1, again, look at the screenshots to see this for yourself.

9. Appears to be Borg Spotting, and done very similar to CM. One cool thing though is that you might be able to hear a unit and see trees collapse as it knocks them aside deep in a forest but you wont actually see the tank until its spotted by one of your units.

I intend to do a lot more testing with spotting in the near future. Not sure any of you recall, but refining the spotting system and reaction times with CM was one of the things I used to do, and gave Charles nightmares about for years after.

Madmatt

You can give Hold Fire and Hold Position commands and then order your unit to lay down, effectively keeping them from exposing their position to enemy units until which time you want them to pop up or fire.

While I havent yet setup a good PaK gun ambush myself, I have seemed to stumble into plenty of them when I play against the AI... :(

Madmatt