Possible problem with the new CMMOS German vehicle mods.

Hello all. Just yesterday I was filled with glee over the release of the modified German vehicle mods compatible with CMMOS. I DL'd the filesets, and the mod packs, and attempted to install them. I had read that before unzipping, it was necessary to create a folder for the new rulesets (901 I believe). I did this, and attempted to unzip the new ruleset, but my system would lock when I clicked on the CMBO folder. I restarted my computer, and tried again. Same thing. I decided to give up and just play a CM QB with my GF (heh). Everything worked out fine for the first few turns, then on turn 7 while waiting for the turn to compile, the game locked up. This has never happened to me durring the 15 months I've had this game. I figured it was just a freak occourance and restarted the game (thank God for the autosave), and continued playing. It seemed OK. Then on turn 15, it happened again. I tried again, but this time it froze again. Much to my dismay, I could not get the game to work. The worst part is that I was actually beating her for once. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Tiborhead, what sort of machine are you running?

Have you recently changed anything on your machine, in particular the grpahics drivers? Or have you overclocked it in any way?

I've had nothing but trouble with my KyroII, so I downgraded to a 2MX I had floating around. Has sorted out several problems, now I've got another 'new' problem with the drivers and XP. A challenge.

Ohoh, Ruleset901 is my work - German HTs !

I can't figure how it can make a game crash though :confused: : CMMOS only copy texture BMPs according to file names/suffixes, then CM loads all textures at start (the "loading 3d graphics" process). So if BMPs are missing/corrupted the problem occurs at once, not x turns later...

There's no real interaction between the two, and the "worst" problem one can have is mismatched textures on his vehicles ! :eek:

From what you said, you didn't install the set, so what you've done is only adding some "useless" files to your system : the CMMOS BMPs do NOT replace the ones used by CM as long as you do not choose them with CMMOS. And the ruleset files are totally separated from the CM files...

So I think your problem is elsewhere : did you check your HD ?

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Pascal DI FOLCO ]