1.2.6 SIGSEGVs on Ubuntu AMD64 6.10

1.2.5 was fine, but 1.2.6 has definitely triggered some problem. This problem is persistent and happens all the time, so hopefully diagnosing it won't be too insanely difficult.

I've got as far as sticking a debugger into the mix. I can get the game up as far as the loading screen for a scenario - which generally gets to the "Press RETURN" prompt. Then either immediately or within a couple of seconds the process goes down (could be core-dump causing the delay).

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Loading DDS file >../data/BuildingFriendlyTexture.dds<

Loading DDS file >../data/BuildingEnemyTexture.dds<

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

[switching to Thread 4144490688 (LWP 14423)]

0x080ff8be in std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> >::_M_fill_insert ()

(gdb) bt

#0 0x080ff8be in std::vector<std::string, std::allocator<std::string> >::_M_fill_insert ()

#1 0x081e6dea in osg::TemplateArray<osg::Vec3f, (osg::Array::Type)10, 3, 5126>::TemplateArray ()

#2 0x082b8207 in std::vector<unsigned int, std::allocator<unsigned int> >::~vector ()

#3 0x082bc6b6 in std::vector<unsigned int, std::allocator<unsigned int> >::~vector ()

#4 0x0822b3be in std::_Rb_tree<std::string, std::pair<std::string const, std::string>, std::_Select1st<std::pair<std::string const, std::string> >, std::less<std::string>, std::allocator<std::pair<std::string const, std::string> > >::find ()

#5 0x082261a3 in std::_Rb_tree<std::string, std::pair<std::string const, std::string>, std::_Select1st<std::pair<std::string const, std::string> >, std::less<std::string>, std::allocator<std::pair<std::string const, std::string> > >::find ()

#6 0xf74658cc in __libc_start_main () from /chroot/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6

#7 0x0805f441 in ?? ()</pre>

Also, this stack trace is different from the one you posted in the main 1.2.6 thread. This one is fixed. The other one, if it is really a different one, may be another issue. If you can reproduce the other one (from the main 1.2.6 thread), can you send me the complete DropTeam.log as well as the stacktrace? Thanks!