Ubuntu 7.04

poesel

After upgrading from 6.10 to 7.04 my sound is messed up (like in 6.04!) and some of the graphics are weird (only outlines of the small upper left icons, AA cover on tac map too).

Anyone having the same problem?

Originally posted by poesel71:

After upgrading from 6.10 to 7.04 my sound is messed up (like in 6.04!) and some of the graphics are weird (only outlines of the small upper left icons, AA cover on tac map too).

Anyone having the same problem?

Yeah.,the whole GAME is messed up! I just upgraded to Feisty as well, and now the DT Gui is all muffed-up! The terrain is all white, can't see any text on the buttons...etc.

I WOULD just REinstall DT if I knew how to UNinstall it on Ubuntu, and if the fricken updating did'nt take so long!

Originally posted by poesel71:

Yes, its a 6600GT 128MB and it worked perfectly before upgrading.

Mine is a ATI Raedon 9200. I know.,it's a dinasour, but it worked before the upgrade!

Oh well.,at least all is well when playing DT on my Windows OS.

Ok - if you don't have an openalrc file, here's the contents of my system-wide one. This can be copied into your ~/.openalrc file.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">(define devices '(alsa))

(define alsa-out-device "default")</pre>

Originally posted by Bane:

I WOULD just REinstall DT if I knew how to UNinstall it on Ubuntu, and if the fricken updating did'nt take so long!

I might be outing myself as a complete dumbo here, but i was under the impression that you can just erase your dropteam folder and that´s it (worked for me, I installed/erased DT on my Xubuntu something like 5 times)). I don´t think there are any other dt files lurking elsewhere.

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bane:

a ATI Raedon 9200. I know.,it's a dinasour, but it worked before the upgrade!

more like a precambrian clam.

holy cow. I gave away my old 9800 a year ago ;) [/QB]</font>

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bane:

I might be outing myself as a complete dumbo here, but i was under the impression that you can just erase your dropteam folder and that´s it (worked for me, I installed/erased DT on my Xubuntu something like 5 times)). I don´t think there are any other dt files lurking elsewhere.

</font>