updater not working

rallye72

I downloaded the demo tonite. seems to be version .94. When I went to join a game it apperas to be up to either .98 or 1.21 Either way when I used the updater - per the instructions - there's activity but the game version never updates...so what's next?

I'm in the same boat with rallye72.

Just downloaded the demo (for windoze) and apparently it's version 0.9.94, and I've run the updater 2-3 times now, it appears to go out and get a filelist or something, and ends not indicating any error or problem.. start up again, and it's still 0.9.94, and won't let me connect to the only demo server I see on the server list with version 0.9.98..

• 2 weeks later...

The new demo starts out at version 0.9.98 out of the box. If you're at version 0.9.94, then you have downloaded the old demo from last year instead of the new one. The old one does not update to the new one. You need to download the new demo from one of the links on the DropTeam Demo Page.

Sorry to force a new download like that, but the old demo was simply too far out of date to do a proper update to the new one.

It looks like many of the mirrors are still hosting the old demo under a name like "Multiplayer demo" or something like that. That one is obsolete. You want the one called "Final Demo" if they have an option (depends on the mirror).