Game wont update or work

sabre7

Hi guys -

just bought this game a few days ago and I installed it today, licensed the game with the key that worked fine. I then ran game updater it updated a whole bunch of files however it still thinks it is a demo I guess. I can not run standalone games and my version is at 0.9.93 well below 1.0. When I try to run updater again it doesn't find anything. What am I doing wrong? I can email battlefront my purchase receipt and key if needed.

Thanks

Let me make sure I understand what has happened so far: when you first installed the retail version, it said there was an update available and you updated. That seemed to work (it pulled some files down) but now when you run the game it says it is version 0.9.93 and acts like the demo version. It no longer says there is an update available. Manually running the updater from Start\Programs\Battlefront\DropTeam\Game updater acts like there is nothing available to download. So now you are stuck. Is this a correct summary of what has happened so far?

In your Program Files\DropTeam\data directory, is there a file called Haven.scenario?

Also, do you have the public test installed on this computer?

Yes you hit the nail on the head.

I installed the game and run the updater and it updated me to 0.9.93. It downloaded quite a bunch of files.

Then I ran the game and it acts like a demo game.

No I did not have the demo version installed on this PC at all. It is a fresh new PC as I just bought it. I am stuck now all I can do is play multiplayer as demo to servers that have 0.9.93 installed otherwise I can't do much, no singleplayer either.

I do not have a Haven.Scenario file under data directory. I have other scenario files but not this one.

Hope this helps

That missing file is the problem. I can walk you through a specific fix that will get you going but my worry now is that other files are probably missing, too. Did the install complete without any errors? Did it completely finish before it quit?

Email me directly and I will send you a simple step you can take to address the missing file. We'll try to use the updater to fix any other missing files at the same time.

The first time I installed the game, I pulled the CD out before I realized the game finished installing. Then knowing I did that, I uninstalled the game and installed it completely the second time.

I have just now uninstalled it again, and reinstalled it completely for the third time and still same exact issues.

I will email you now