Third Reich mod

Outstanding sir,

I hope you do not mind, but I have incorporated some of your work here into a unit mod that I will post here shortly.

Would you consider working on a terrain mod? ie. Forest, mountains and cities, viewed from above as map icons rather than little pictures...

The problem I have with SC2 is the 'iso' view. If the 3dimensionality can be made more 2D, (much like your hex mod), then the game would be more map like, (instead of pushing miniatures on a table).

No problem : You may use or modify my mods and counters as you want, they are free.

For 2D map : the problem is : if you want to realize this kind of mod, it is possible. But you will have to modify some of tiles map in "tile_sprites" file, to be able to make vertical lines of coast. After that , you will have to build an entiere new Europa map, and after that, build entire new system of scripts...Very hard and long work and I have no time for that, baadly... :(

Concerning the naval counters, I don't know exactly the dimensions, but it needs just to try and test with "paint". I think my naval counters are the wide allowed (more wide counters will cause problems, probably).

For my Third Reich mod, it is very easy :

1/ Save the image here with mouse ("right clik")

(choice "Save as" and then, in the windows : BMP format, not PNG format)

2/Then rename the bmp file : unit_sprites_military

3/Copy the file in the "bitmap" directory of the game

and... play ! ;)

Mine are posted at cmmods.com I have an update that I have not posted, that removes the indented effect of the strength value on the unit, making it look much more like a board game counter. If you want that just reply here....

As for how to implement, I generally just rename the file I am about to replace from unit.bmp to unit.old and keep it in the directory.

Screenie.jpg

Fantomas,

As you can see here, unfortunately, I do not believe the actual unit strength number colour can be altered. This is only problematic for Germany. (My preference here would be all black units with white text).

All I did was stretch the unit at the bottom and trim the tops. Original unit counters are too thick in my opinion, and the shading is unnecessary.

The screen grab here is slightly distorted, as the units look square when I play.

As for terrain mod, that is still a work in progress, but will probably adapt graphics from toaw as an initial generator.

Hope this is what you wanted to know.

oh yeah, I think your mod work is really cool.

regards

(hope the picture stays, (teething errors with google/picasa)

Agent S.

[ February 09, 2007, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Agent Smith ]

Thanks for image. I though that you had founded a tip to suppress strengh value number, but it works just for color. Ok, what I though is not possible.

For my mod : strengh value of all units is visible, but the level of "research" for each type of units (armor, aircrafts) is not apparent on counters as in your unit mod.

Fant,

look a little closer, I use the NATO symbols for regiment, brigade, corps, army etc at the top of the counter to indicate the strength of the unit.

In SC1 some mods placed small squares on the side of the units.

I think, the closer the unit style to 'classic' games, the easier it is for me to take the 3d view a little more seriously.

Agent S.

Look forward to the beta!