Increasing MPP for the allies

Ok I added 9 oil wells and 8 mines to USSR territory and started a new campaign as the allies. All newly-added resources have a strength of 10, yet the monthly allottment is only 189. By your formula the new oil wells alone should be giving the Russians 270 MPP per turn (30 MPP x 9 wells).

Are these MPP values only a one-time "plunder" figure?

[ October 29, 2006, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: gravyface1 ]

From the manual:

A value of 100% represents a 1-to-1 relationship between collected MPPs

and production capability. A value of 75% represents three-quarters production,

125% represents one and one-quarter production, and so on. This Industrial

Modifier value can be increased for each level of Industrial Technology research

that is achieved. Please refer to the Research and Development section for

additional details. Since minor countries cannot conduct their own research,

they will always have a default Industrial Modifier of 100%.

In general, all MPPs collected at the end of each turn are available for use

during the next turn. The production values for each type of resource controlled

are added together and then multiplied by the country’s Industrial Modifier.

For neutral major countries, this total is then adjusted to account for an Activation

Value that is necessarily less than 100%. The following formula reflects the

MPP collection calculation:

MPP Collection = Total Resource Value * Industrial Modifier *

Activation Value

I set Russia's Industrial Modifier to 125% but this "Activation Value" must be whats limiting the MPP per turn as they're currently not activated. I'm going to dig into the scripts and see what this Activation Value is.

Activation value is representing how far along the road they are towards joining the war. Can be raised or lowered by diplomacy, placing units along some borders(or keeping them away), or by declaring war to some other countries. It's basicly all interconnected.

Atm it pays off to do diplomacy on the USA from the start, since their production goes up very fast then and they join early in the war smile.gif

Originally posted by gravyface1:

Ok I added 9 oil wells and 8 mines to USSR territory and started a new campaign as the allies. All newly-added resources have a strength of 10, yet the monthly allottment is only 189. By your formula the new oil wells alone should be giving the Russians 270 MPP per turn (30 MPP x 9 wells).

Are these MPP values only a one-time "plunder" figure?

Many apologies... from your initial post I had assumed you were beefing up the UK... which is at 100% activation and hence I never thought to mention it.