Entire World Map

I was curious if anyone has ever make a map of the entire globe? to scale of course.

What I thought of would be a multiplayer map built for 2-5 players. It would have the entire globe and would consistes of USA/Russia/Germany/UK/Japan.

You could add France, Italy, as the other majors, but I doubt anyone would ever get 7 people.

This idea is based of a board game I played called, Alliance '39. It was fun because as the leader of yoru country you could choose how/ and what role you wanted your nation to play. Germany could never become the Axis..it may become Russia & Japan...or vice versa..the ultimate goal though is to earn victory through military or economic conquest.

I imagine this game could be tailored to be something similiar, but I am not sure if you can do more than 2 players. Anyone know?

Also, I was wondering..along those lines, if a human can be allied with a computer AI nation, and work cooperativly but not actually own/control those computer AI's resources/units? anyone know this?

I was doing some calculations:

If you did a whole world map, it would have about a 12,450 mile spand from east to west.

And a slighly less, North to South of 12,350.

Which means each tile would represent about a 100 sq miles of land or sea, or both.

Now I know the game was built to have each tile represent 50 sq miles of land or sea.

My question to you dev's or other campaign makers..is does this doubling of area a tile covers mess up to many things to be able to accomplish a practical world map?

Numa Takeda, Your Quiery is definetly a 'Hubert Cater' Quiery!.

I saw your difficulty back many month's ago...and put feeler's out for alternate mapping technique's/System's.

It look's like to me that you require TWICE the allotment of map space than is allowed,...therefore, in this case i asked for the ability to use more than one map, except that they would now need to be separate zones or theatre's.

I believe that the program used by Hubert will not allow him to use a map size area larger than the one you say does not have enough room for 50-mile segment's to encompass the Earth!.

So in this case one would need to transfer unit's from theatre to theatre as in for example: U.S. Pacific Naval Fleets being transferred to Europe !.

One would then need to play out one map at a time, and when both would be completed, then, the next game turn could take place!.

I also had other concept's such as for example, if you wanted to play out the 'Battle for France', that you could then elect to have the map for France alternate to a larger more detailed map enhancement to explore this Campaign in more detail!. Of course the Unit Sizes would need to be 'auto re-sized' to reflect this smaller land area scale.

I believe that my fantasy idea's are for some other far off time in the future!,...as for now, it's probably just too much trouble to deal with!.

well i was considering of making one after seeing honches map.

The only issue I had was their was to much dead space and that i could cut the east in half and have transfer arrows to other side.

Same with splitting the USA and having panama canal to move from on side to the other.

Keeping with 6 magors if we have to keep 6 i purpose making france a minor of USA or USSR that way UK wont just collect the dough and not use it maybe.

I was wondering can the arrows be used for land units.

The 100 sq miles of land or sea sounds good and it doesnt have to be exact.

Can somone explain this "Red Arrows" as do they actually translocate your units to another map all-together?

Because if this is true, than it would be very possiable to create a world campaign map, by just dividing the world into 2 zones, the eastern US, S. America, Africa, and about half of Euro-Asia.

The other half would be the pacific with India-Asia, Australia, and the W. US.

Please fill me in on those "red arrows" because in my campaigns they do nothing when I land navy on top of them. (Refering to default 1939 Fall Weiss Campiang.)