Problem with Italy transport scripts. Solutions?

Having a problem with my Italy transport. I can't get Italy to transport troops to North Africa before they enter the war. Has this script got any mistakes? Also, the post-DoW script is identical except for activation % and it works fine.

{

#NAME= Italy Sends Troops to North Africa - Part 1 (Italy not fully active) - From Bari

#POPUP=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#COUNTRY_ID= 6

#TRIGGER= 100

#LEVEL= 0

#PLAN_ID= 3

#SIZE= 1

#LENGTH= 0

; Tobruk

#GOAL_POSITION= 98,31

#DATE= 1939/09/03

#STEAL= 3

; 1st Line - Bari

#FRIENDLY_POSITION= 89,25

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 6 [1] [0] [0]

#TACTICAL_CONDITION= 84,16 [3]

#ACTIVATE_POSITION= 0,0 [0,0] [0,0] [0]

#CANCEL_POSITION= 0,0 [0,0] [1,1] [0]

}

ND,

I have the following script in the Axis set I have been working on...to learn the logic, etc.

{

#NAME= Italy Sends Troops to Tripoli - Entry

#POPUP=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#COUNTRY_ID= 6

#TRIGGER= 100

#LEVEL= 0

#PLAN_ID= 3

#SIZE= 1

#LENGTH= 1

; Tripoli

#GOAL_POSITION= 81,33

#DATE= 1939/09/03

#STEAL= 3

; Torino

#FRIENDLY_POSITION= 77,21

; Italy >=50%

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 6 [1] [50] [0]

#TACTICAL_CONDITION= 84,16 [3]

; Allies hold Tripoli

#CANCEL_POSITION= 82,34 [0,0] [1,1] [2]

}

And it does work. I can think of these possibilities. One, the turn length of 0 cancels out before it gets in que? Two, the plan type of 2 is somehow incompatible with _ID =3. Three, the activation level of 0 causes a problem...I have this impression from script changes I've made that suddenly "work". If you have alot of patience, you can try them one at a time. Loading only this script of course, as I've found the save file time for all of my scripts is topping 10 minutes now. Let me know how it works out...Luck...

[ July 01, 2006, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: rclawson007 ]

Normal Dude,

I have had an issue with the Tobruk garrison abandoning their post as soon as Italy goes to war. After responding to you note, I checked again and noticed that the Activation value is set to zero in my script. See below...

{

#NAME= Italy Garrison - Tobruk

#POPUP=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#COUNTRY_ID= 6

#TRIGGER= 100

#LEVEL= 0

#PLAN_ID= 0

#SIZE= 0

#LENGTH= 1

; Tobruk

#GOAL_POSITION= 99,31

#DATE= 1939/09/03

#STEAL= 0

; Tobruk

#FRIENDLY_POSITION= 99,31

; Italy not surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 6 [1] [0] [0]

#TACTICAL_CONDITION= 83,24 [3]

; Cancel if Axis unit in Cariro

#CANCEL_POSITION= 112,35 [0,0] [1,1] [1]

}

I am going to change to [20] and see if it resolves the problem.

Normal Dude,

Some more info. I recompiled my scripts and in the process, moved the North Africa scripts near the bottom. I keep each region in a seperate file and then combine with a file append utility, so the order can change easily. The same transport script no longer works. I will try moving again tomorrow night and see if it goes back to working. I wonder if there is memory address or data base address issue of some type that is being exceeded by plan files with many hundreds of scripts.

Are you sure that the Italian pre-DOW units are not assigned to a garrison plan. If so they will not transport.

To get Free French Units to Transport, after Italy enters the War I had to set these garrsion scripts to only activate only if Italy was Neutral.

PS: Units in transports have a much higher chance of becoming Free French!

20% higher chance. You can get same 20% by moving French units to England. But Naval units are easier, I agree. I had one game where I got a french battleship and cruiser to fly the Union Jack.

The issue Normal Dude is having, I am also having intermitently. Normal Dude...I have tried numerous "differences" to discover why it does/does not work. I sent you an e-mail with latest game where it did work. It might be dependent on whether Fog of War is turned on. Naval unit behavior seems to be greatly effected by FoW setting, which may include transports (including the ability to create the plan). Oh, in my trials I did NOT change one character in the script shown above. Sometimes it just does not activate. If you, or anyone else has a write up on how FoW effects the AI I would like to get a copy. Thanks...and continued good luck wishes.

ND, the other thing I changed in last playtest - that worked, was to change the Italy Infrastructure reseach from one chit to first level. I remembered that the game last night when I got transport script to actiavte was after Italy successfully got Infrastructure level 1. So I reset the starting value to 1 during my attempts to replicate. Maybe that helps (or is necessary - unlikely)?????