CMMOS compatibily ???

Turn off any anti-virus programs/auto-protection you have running and make sure that you've closed down any other programs. You may want to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and kill some programs and possibly 'processes' (though many are Windows processes that you can't kill).

I also suggest cleaning out any temporary directories (C:\WINNT\TEMP and possibly your Local Settings\Temp file in your user diretory).

Sometimes all of this may still not work since something may be installed that is interfering with the sofware install (which would require uninstalling the offending program).

[ August 24, 2002, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

What did you try to make it work ? I don't know if you can set the 'compatibility' on whatever setup program there is to 'Windows 2000' or some other Windows version (this might require a launch shortcut).

In the past when I've seen this error it has been due to anti-virus programs interfering. To the extent that the antivirus program had to be uninstalled or the registry altered temporarily to remove the offending .VXD. Again, I stress that you should close down anything else that you have running to prevent interference.

I'm not sure if the creator of CMMOS is Gordon Molek or not, but he may be able to provide more answers to you.

Thanks for your effort, Schrullenhaft.

While not the creator of the software, I did do some work for Gordon on the installations.

So far, everything that Schrullenhaft has posted is exactly what should be done (shutting down everything possible, disable anti-virus, etc.).

During testing of the installs, I ran into problems with an automatic update utility for a piece of software. It would lock the Temp directory and only allow one installation, then a reboot, then another installation. If I turned off/disabled this piece of software, I did not have this problem. However, this was on a Windows ME machine.

I have run the installs on Windows XP Pro and experienced no problems. The install itself is a 32-bit program created with InstallShield 5.1 and PackageForTheWeb 2.01. I have no idea why it would be calling the install a 16-bit program.

There might have been a similar incident on Windows 2000. I will have to look through my email tonight and see if that issue was resolved. Here's a link to the thread:

Install problems on Windows 2000

Keith

[ August 26, 2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

I had a similar problem when first installing CM on XP pro. I shutdown and installed straight after rebooting and it worked OK.

Could be something in the temp files as previously mentioned ... especially if you have recently installed new software or had a failed install.

That said it only happened once and i have reinstalled XP and CM since then and didnt get any problem !

I had a similar problem when first installing CM on XP pro. I shutdown and installed straight after rebooting and it worked OK.

Could be something in the temp files as previously mentioned ... especially if you have recently installed new software or had a failed install.

That said it only happened once and i have reinstalled XP and CM since then and didnt get any problem !

Hi, I try all these things but it doesn't work there is what happenned:

When I run the unpackaging program,files decompressing and after window tell me (sorry in french)

window title :"Impossible d'executer un programme 16 bits"

window text:" Impossible de trouver le fichier C:\Docume~1\Franck\Locals~1\Temp\pft60~temp\Setupexe (ou un de ses composants) Assurez vous que le chemin d'acces et le nom sont corrects et que toutes les bibliothèques nécessaires sont disponibles"

I try to unpack it manually and it create me a "Disk 1" folder but if I run SETUPEXE it does the same error message. :(

I try to run it in compatibility mode but it doesn't chage anything. :mad:

I try to shut down my computer, close anti virus and other programs but same problem... I try to D/L twice the programm same thing :mad:

All other unpack programs for CMMOS (german,terrains and so and so) do the same error...

Help me or I will kill my computer with my pretty 88mm... :D

Thanks a lot everybody for all replies.