Hubert a question about combat values limits

Do you Know if combat values limits(not more than 10) can be exceded by upgrades? I ask this because I want to mod the game by lessening the importance of upgrades, for instance if your corps have a SA/SD of 3 and you have 3 IW upgrades avaliable, the final combat value is only twice the original(3 vs 6), howewer if is only a SA/SD of 1 with the same IW upgrades the final will be four times the original combat values (1 vs 4). Can any upgraded unit have a combat value of 11 or more?.

thanks

That's a real problem, yes. In normal game you can defeat Russia with Corpses only. A Corps with IW3 has 80% of an armies power, but is faster in movement and building time and lot cheaper. So what is the point in building armies?

Therefore I tend to play without IW-Upgrades.

The Problem with your idea I see in in the fact, that ALL units have the power to get over 10. For every point in experience you get the option of upgrading them one point at a turn. A very costly, very slow, but unbelievable strong element in the game.

And because of that... I don't believe there is a way to make your idea work, not now and not in future patches. It's just the game's engine. (Please correct me, if I'm wrong).

Furthermore, I fear there is no solution for that problem anyhow. I'm very unhappy with that IW-Tech. WIth IW I have very disturbing results in combat. FOr example in a game with two sides having IW3 I attack with a full army a one-point-corpse and I'm still loosing 3-4 points.

My idea was at first to give the land units a very higher attack value, let's say 5. Development of IW1 would only mean to raise that unit's SA-Strength by 20% instead of 100%. I never tried it, but I fear it means that attacker and defender are destroyed or such rubbish, because the Defence has something to do with the damage it does. Don't know for sure.

No way, I dont use IW. Not even 1 point.

Those CTV limits are locked in. There's plenty of room for customizing things, and players are encouraged to evaluate alternative approaches using the Editor and propose changes.

Having resolved most of the major issues with SC1, players are naturally starting to find new issues with SC2. From what I'm reading here in the forums lately, the major issue right now with v1.02 appears to be rapid tech advancement in a few key areas such as IW and HT which, depending on how a little luck plays out, can skew a game when one side has L3 and the other has L0.

IMHO, the max research chits per tech area could be reduced to 2 or 3, which would slow down advancements and smooth out a lot of things. Maybe some tech levels could be capped at lower levels, like IW and AT at L2. Some CTVs could be adjusted, like making Armies a little more powerful or Corps a little less. Research chit costs and max research spending could be adjusted again. There are many options.