Summary of changes in the first patch

If Hubert were to post a list of changes he is working on for the upcoming patch it would help all of us modders who use our own custom campaigns. By seeing what is in the new patch we can avoid re-creating the wheel and making our own modifications only to download the new patch with those changes already made. Make sense?

For example, I have made extensive event script changes and would like to do more but don't want to re-do something that will be in the patch anyway.

I would love to have a simple summary of:

1. map changes

2. event script changes

3. AI script changes

4. miscellaneous

There are some structure changes to the activation #2 event script and the planning AI script. You will have to edit these. I'd say don't worry about the patch changes just yet until the patch is released, and just be prepared to do a little updating to your work in progress.

He's posted quite a bit already what is being fixed/added, although they are mostly just confirmations that it's being addressed.

Off the top of my head:

- AI will upgrade their units properly

- Russian AI will defend smarter

- Ability to task naval units to specific tiles

- Allies will react properly if you ignore France and go after Russia

- D-Day will work

- Can send units around the cape

Not sure about event scripts. I doubt HC will do too much extra stuff (Like Operation Torch or Axis invasion of Norway, or Sweden, Spain, etc). I'm sure he'd rather leave that stuff up to the community, and I'd rather him spend time on stuff WE can't work on anyway. smile.gif Just the AI upgrading its units will do a lot in terms of difficulty.