Editor questions

Hey, I have some question about editing;

1. Soft build limits. What is that really? If I understand this correctly it means a larger cost per produced unit if you exceed a certain amount. In the fall weiss scenario this makes no sense at all. In the german proodution screen it says this about building armies;

(9) 4

what are those two numbers? I cant really figure it out since Germany starts with 5 armies. I guess the first (9) is how many units you have left to build before you reach the build limit. But the other one?

2. Does soft build limits only affect infantry?

3. Is it possible in someway to add more units in a category that exceeds the build limits in the beginning of a scenario and then if a player loses them in battle he cant build up to that level again?

4. Supply. If I wish to simulate the russian winter you need to script that. However will this event strike also the russians(eg all cities mentioned in the script) or just the ones occupied by axis?

5. Do the free unit option work with the build limit? Can I for example give a side a free unit although he already reach the limit in that unit category?

1) (9) is the build limit. If soft limits are being used then every unit above nine costs you increasingly more... as will replacements for damage taken by those units. The 4 refers to the number of months required to build/train that unit type. Assuming you have that option in operation.

2) Soft build limits are universal.

3) Never tried that one but it may work if you use the hard build limits option.

4) The effects only affect the occupying country (the country ID for russian winter event is '4' which is the value given to the ussr. Hence, any non soviet (or soviet ally) unit will be affected).

5) As far as I can tell, Free units do not count towards soft limits as they are not actually the same as the country they 'defect' to. They keep their national identity to some extent.

[ May 21, 2006, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: Moonslayer ]