CM on a Laptop?

Does anyone have CM running on a laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 p3/600...with a funky ATI rage mobility card 8megs.

Can't get the game to run...about 30 secs into the first turn..total system lock. I've updated the video and sound drivers and changed the resolution down to 640x480...(quite horrible to look at I might add)...and still no go.

Anyone?

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Schaeffer:

Does anyone have CM running on a laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 p3/600...with a funky ATI rage mobility card 8megs.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I run the game regularly on my Apple Powerbook.

I know we're talking about different OS's, but my Powerbook does use the ATI RAGE Mobility graphics.

I can run the game both on the Powerbook display or on an external monitor.

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

Guest Big Time Software

Steve,

Have you tried all the tips in the manual's troubleshooting section?

How much system memory do you have? You might want to try quitting ALL other programs besides CM. Some programs may run in the background where you're not even aware of them. Try a utility called EndItAll to make them quit.

Charles

I tried running CM on my Tohsiba Tecra 8000 laptop. It ran a little slow (350 Mhz, 128 Mb RAM), but the main problem was that the color white was shown as a dark pinkish. That became somewhat psychedelic! smile.gif Reminded me quite a lot of "Kelly's Heroes".

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!