CMBB with Pentium III 500?

Heh. Well, I used to run it on a 450MHz Pentium II -- probably a fair bit worse,a GF2MX400 64MB (perhaps not a big difference unless you use bigger textures?) and the same amount of ram. It was quite playable, although large scenarios gave somewhat choppy scrolling at 1024x768 (not bad, really, but t'was noticeable) and significant turn computation time (perhaps a few minutes).

I used a funky upgrade module to replace the CPU w/ a 1.4GHz PIII-based Celeron, and the turn computation time improved. My less-frivolous excuse for the upgrade was that Paint Shop Pro filter computation on 3.1MP images is pretty slow at 450MHz.

my 2nd pc is a P3 500 with a crappy tnt vid card,it runs ok,if a tad slow,i did swap my other vid card in(Ti500) and the pc took off,runs great,fast and loads a lot quicker,it appears CMBB is fairly video hungry,the big scenarios will probably slow you down...get a Ti type card and you shouldnt have any dramas.....