Hidden Units anyone?

First of all, I've to apologise for starting a further topic about 'what we all would like to get' in the new and super-exciting CMX2, but I came back too late to this forum and the main topic from Madmatt had already been sealed off...

I still have to read it all, but even if this subject had already been mentioned, or even if CMx2 is already under beta testing, and surely I hope for Mac OsX too, I would bring to the attention of the developers a peculiar aspect of our great game!

I don't know if it's a feasable feature to introduce in the mechanics of the game, but take the case of hidden units: of course they are for certain enemies, so you can just blast away at areas where you see those 'target' marks: expecially in night scenarios, it would be great to be able to have a more uncertain state about your own units as well: suppose e.g. you're expecting some reinforcements, but they may be delayed or coming in from an altogether different direction... So there should be a limited amount of knowledge about your own units as well: I think only the one deployed from start should be known, or there should be a mechanic to simulate and parallel to the line of command, without bringing too much complexity to the playability though. Just another element of confusion!

Suppose the enemy has captured tanks to pass your strong points, and at the same time you're expecting reinforcements from the same direction; or have a scenario where surprise is the main factor, alike the night airport raids in North Africa by the SAS and LRDG patrols...

Boys, I can't wait to see the CMx2 in action!

All the Best

I wonder if this could be facilitated by another idea that was discussed regarding having some friendly units under the control of the AI - along with my wonderful request for direct fire - friendly fire.

I imagine it this way: Reinforcements arrive under the control of the AI. When they come into your command area (radio - visual - whatever) they are considered in contact and you take control (at the beginning of the next turn)

?