Takin ammo from Humvees

I think it would be good idea to allow Acquire order from outside of vehicle. You don't have to put all squad into Stryker to get one javelin missile out. Only few soldiers could enter. The whole process would be faster, and there would be no more problems wiht humvees

Is a good suggestion. I'd suggest even a command to leave out some stuff in a vehicle. In this way, it would be possible to use Humvees o whatever to replenish ammunition at backguard and transport it to the front line (te command it would be accomplished by the crew, so its needed the option to acquire or leave out stuff for crews too...

The problem with acquire in WEGO is that you need two minutes to do it right now (I think, I plated only the demo yet). On one turn squad enters, on the other acquires items and leaves. If Acquire would be used as a move order, you could approach the vehicle at any speed you like then after reaching waypioint next command would be acquire (in planning turn when you give the command you would point from which vehicle and what equipment to take), some troops would enter the vehicle, take items and leave, the rest of the squad would cover. After that squad would execute any other commands it was issued, like advance, move or other. Leaving equipment in vehicles is also good idea, this way you could for example leave heavy javelin behind when there are no more tanks around.

The problem is that the crew of a vehicle, i.e. a Humvee cannot pick up ammo, only passengers can. But when there is a crew we don't have room for more then 2 or 3 guys, which is less than a half-squad. And so resupplying is restricted to very small teams.

When there is no crew in a Humvee, we can fit a whopping 4-5 guys in there, but they become the crew of the vehicle as soon as they enter it and thus cannot pick up ammo. It's a like a vicious circle. :rolleyes:

So I'd say if possible, there should be the possibility for vehicle crews to pick up ammo from the vehicle they are driving.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this thread because in your excellent Paradise Road scenario Birdstrike, which I am currently playing, I have not found a way to get the 4/5 man crew - in the Humvees where there are no "passengers" - to get back into the Humvee and "acquire" some extra ammo which I know is there.

Regards

Rob