Problem with Installation...

I installed the FULL install of the game... just got it today.

What I don't understand is that it still asks for the CD Rom and says "Unless you ran a Full Install".

I DID run the Full install from the very beginning... and it won't work without the CD.

Any reason for this?

If the program runs a "CD Check" then why would it say "unless you ran a Full Install" when the prompt comes up? Just so you can play Multi without the CD? Bah, doesn't make much sense to me.

Adam

With CMBO and many other games the "full install" option installs all of the textures sound and other game resources onto your HD so that you do not have to wait for your CD to spin up to make those available to the game. This saves time and reduces the likely hood of a read error which would crash the game.

I think you may be misunderstanding what may be a poorly stated bit of information in the install sequence. The CD in the drive at game start is merely a simple method of copy protecting the game. Given that it is a very easily worked around form you may be right that it is an annoyance, but it is just that, an annoyance not something to get too upset over.

Welcome to the 'club', we try to have a good time and we hope you enjoy the game. I, like many others who haunt this forum, have been playing this game since the beta demo in Nov '99. I hope you can enjoy this game as much as we do, it will take time to gain a high level of competence, as it is a significantly different game. Practice against the computer AI and when you are ready start to PBEM once you can beat the AI in 8 of ten battles. Playing TCPIP can wait until you are real comfortable as the pace can make it difficult to keep up, especially in larger battles.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. You may have made the best purchase of your life with this game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adamant:

What I don't understand is that it still asks for the CD Rom and says "Unless you ran a Full Install".

I DID run the Full install from the very beginning... and it won't work without the CD.

Any reason for this?

If the program runs a "CD Check" then why would it say "unless you ran a Full Install" when the prompt comes up? Just so you can play Multi without the CD? Bah, doesn't make much sense to me.

Adam<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you like some cheese with your wine?

How dare BTS actually put a CD check copy protection thing on their game. :rolleyes:

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

God forbid a good company might want to do what is their right under the law. They are just protecting their investment. What is so hard about putting the cd in the drive? Please adament, give us all a break. There was a reason why Madmatt closed your topic before. You came on the companys forum and asked if their was an illegal CD crack to their game!!! Jebus, it justs boggles my mind! The problem is not with your install but with yourself.

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]