Tanks crushing walls

I noticed that it's easy to make holes to walls by shooting area fire with tank's main gun. If you plot a movement command through a wall a tank will go through the wall even if it can fit the rubbled "gate" only partly. So tanks already know how to use these broken parts of walls in path finding.

Would it be possible that if a tank goes partly through an undamaged wall it would crush the colliding part to rubble the same way as area fire already does?

tank_through_wall.gif

Here's how those damaged walls look like:

rubbled_wall.gif

[ October 03, 2007, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: SlowMotion ]

Yes, I think there was some discussion earlier why crushing building walls with tanks was considered risky. I just thought that since tanks do go through those partly destroyed walls and there already exists code which removes part of a wall, maybe they could add that crushing effect so that it would make more sense to players.