Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Blast as FIRE rather than MOVE order

Just expanding on the 'assaulting buildings' disucssion over at tactics forum and seeing as 1.07 is on it's way..ahem..ahem..I'm wondering if the BLAST order could be given as a FIRE command rather than a MOVEMENT order. Most times I'm blasting into somewhere i don't want to then have my dudes just wander through the whole to get a hosing on the other side. I'd like to make the hole then set up a co-ordinated attack through it.

Also wonder the if it was a FIRE order instead if the blasting charges could be used on bunkers and vehicles too.

I would like to second this request. It would allow demo charges to be employed in tactically sensible ways.

There are a lot of reason to blow down a wall and not immediately go charging through the hole. This is helping the game hand me my head in the 'House Cleaning" scenario. :mad:

Of course an incompetent commander on my side is also a causing a great deal of difficulty. :D

I third this request for all reasons above. I'm not a big fan of the way infantry run back and forth after the blast goes off. I would rather they stay prone and let the dust settle and acquire targets before assaulting through it unless commanded to. Surprise is good for blasting into buildings but through walls I would rather see if I start getting hosed before deciding to assault.