Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New Scenario - "Fortified"

Guest Guest

Okay, I cease-fired after one hour and got a total Syrian victory.

I have to replay from the Blue side before I can judge whether it is easy or hard.

Your fortified buildings work great!

The majority of my casualties were caused when I left the "bunkers" to hunt down 2 vehicle squads. They killed almost everything I threw at them, even though I attacked from two sides, with full squads. Nuts!

Best regards,

Thomm

I agree with all of your statements.

Pop-up/hide shooting with the RPG teams worked great for me.

It is obvious how much work and thinking you put into this map, and I am sure it will become a benchmark for defensive settings.

Personally, I would have had extra fun stalking the remaining Blue vehicles if the bloody vehicle crews had not killed half of my infantry! :mad:

One thing I already mentioned is the choice of deployment area for the Red reinforcements. It should be really larger and better hidden from the Blue sight.

Best regards,

Thomm

Replayed from the US side, of course "by fair means", which excludes artillery, air support, Javelins at other sissy stuff! I even tried to take out the enemy reinforcements with Bradleys only, which cost me two of them. Lots of plinking, but no damage to the foe!

I had tons of fun clearing out one bunker after the other with Blast orders (after perforating the upper floors with tank rounds, I have to admit).

In the end I had a Total Victory with 30 casualties versus 38 soldiers 'ok', two vehicles lost.

Played till my eyes bled! Great map, great game (for those who want to perceive it as such).

Best regards,

Thomm

Hmm. Sad to see you disappointed.

I just have a different approach, it seems. For example, I decided to clear out the Red scouts with my Blue reinforcements. No tanks involved. Made for some tactical thinking about how to approach their position. Sure enough, I made a mistake misjudging the position of an unspotted squad and lost several soldiers almost instantly. Thus comes the supporting smoke screen by their fellow soldiers, the HQ team rushing in to give buddy aid, one squad hunting to a nearby roof to have a free LOF into the enemy trenches ... eventually I moved up a Bradley, which was not decisive anyway, because the rubble shielded the Red troops. The rest was good ol' infantry tactics. It was like a scenario inside the scenario!

Of course I could have blasted the whole position to Kingdom come, but - as you indicated - there is no fun in that. I, however, got out a lot of fun playing "my" way.

Best regards,

Thomm