Troops Injured While Riding in Vehicles

I was playing Al Hawl as the US forces and was driving pretty fast across the open areas near the setup zone. I noticed that a few of the units riding in my Strykers went to yellow health status. These Strykers didn't come under fire. There was no smoke popped near these vehicles either.

The only thing that makes sense is they were tossed around during rough driving. But I don't want to guess what might have caused this. Why did these unit's (3 or so out of a company) health turn to yellow?

Funny. smile.gif Never seen that one. Don't these things have any seat belts? :D

But I think I remember BF saying the quality of the ride would somehow be considered for mounted troops. Not sure if that was meant by that. You sure it wasn't a sniper picking off your airguards? (is that what these two guys riding unbuttoned in the back are called?)

Originally posted by birdstrike:

But I think I remember BF saying the quality of the ride would somehow be considered for mounted troops. Not sure if that was meant by that.

I could perhaps see this having bearing. I was moving across flat hard ground offroad with a 'fast' move order. I realize that even though ground is flat and hard the ride isn't road-like but hey, the Stryker is an 8 wheeled offroad vehicle.

Originally posted by birdstrike:

You sure it wasn't a sniper picking off your airguards? (is that what these two guys riding unbuttoned in the back are called?)

Couldn't be, not in this situation. No LoS to the enemy (other side of map with a city blocking) and no enemy marksmen on the map.