Long Battles/Campaigns etc

For those of us who enjoy getting into bigger/longer battles has any thought given in the new engine to making it easier for those of us who are so inclined to set up monster multi-day battles?

I had a go at doing ASL's Red Barricades with CMBB at it worked (sort of). But the manual between day fiddling in the scenario editor really took the joy out of it. And there was no way to automate setting up the next scenario other than building some nightmare of an add-on that simulates mouse-clicks in the scenario editor. Very clunky and error-prone and not worth it. I'm a programmer and would have no trouble building a front end if I didn't have to fight the main program so much....I imiagine Eichenbaum also abandonned his promising Operation Storfang partly because of this. Bit of a shame.

Operations were a laudable attempt at this in CMBO/CMBB but they were just too heavily scripted. Between battle "purchases" should be left somewhat up to the player and not the scenario. Picking next day reinforcements to bring/rush up is 50% of the fun and strategy.

THIS (as well as e-mail support) will probably be the killer for me. Small scenarios and quick battles don't really do it for me any more, regardless of how pretty the graphics will end up being and how much fun the movies are to watch. I like to sink my teeth in a bit more than that and prefer playing something more immersive for a few months.

But I realize I'm probably in the minority here.

Looking forward to seeing the 1st official sneak peek at CMX2.

A small battle with a lot more detail could provide a satisfying "bit more" to sink my teeth in to. A company commander can have his hands just as full as an army commander.

I think that there is a chance that CMx2 will provide for something more in the linked battle area than the current game, at least I hope so.

I don't think you are in the minority at all when it comes to PBEM. I hope they can keep it.